+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Tom Daley is having a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    right in both cases! my earlier remark does seem a bit Stokesist. In fact everything right - racket sports, handwriting, mousing, mast... ur maybe not mention that
    Winker!

Why is Dcfc still on this forum surely calling someone a weirdo and threatening them just because they rightly pointed out how wrong he his Must be cause for a ban he's already banned from nearly every other Derby fans sites Com on Bloomer we cant have physical threats that's not on

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I hope this pertains just to the poster not the thread itself.
    It's a controversial topic, but what's wrong in talking difficult stuff? We are adults and should be able to discuss stuff without the need to act as a dick.
    My comment was about the poster and his references to violence and definitely not your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    So an idiot on here who advocates violence on someone for an opinion they hold thinks society has gone wrong. You absolutely could not make it up!

As for the moderation on this site, why such posts are not removed? it just shows what a creepy corner of the internet this site has become. Any connection with DCFC is a mere accident.
    Obviously I agree with your first paragraph, sixties, but I don’t think ‘it shows what a creepy corner of the internet this site has become’.
    Rom posted a question, in his slightly old fashioned and controversial way, and only one person has reacted ‘creepily’.
    The vast majority, including you and I, have reacted very positively. Nothing wrong with starting a debate but in every group there’ll be at least one idiot and few things are more stupid than threatening violence on an anonymous Internet forum...empty vessels and all that. He’s probably one of the hand waving, ‘come an’ ‘ave a go...’ 50 metre hardmen at away matches too.
    I’m actually quite reassured by the response as a whole and I think the Brexit thread is another example where fierce disagreement, although admittedly it has achieved virtually nothing in twenty odd months, has been conducted here much more civilly than on other forums.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-02-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Roger...... I asked the cricket question for a reason. When batting, it is the top hand that does most of the work. The bottom hand does even less work than the 4th official at a football game. Those of you who bat so-called right handed are actually using your LEFT hand to bat. Those who, like me, bat left are actually using our right hand..... ergo, most people should bat left handed. I wonder why they don't?

I have a theory. When batting you stand side on to the bowler. One eye is closer to, and more in line with, the bowler. Everybody has one eye stronger than the other. For me it is my right eye. Standing leftie has my right eye closer to, and more in line with, the bowler. I do everything right handed except batting/golf swing. My right eye is the stronger of the two. My brother, who was left handed at everything had a stroinger left eye and batted right handed. Small pool of data, admittedly, but I have asked other left handed bats down the years, most were righties and those that knew, had a stronger right eye.

Maybe the ECB will sanction a poll among professionals.......

MadAmster Ocular Vision
    It is somewhat analogous to the laterality of right or left handedness However the side of the dominant eye and the dominant hand do not always match
    No wonder we lost the ashes 😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Roger...... I asked the cricket question for a reason. When batting, it is the top hand that does most of the work. The bottom hand does even less work than the 4th official at a football game. Those of you who bat so-called right handed are actually using your LEFT hand to bat..
    Back in my school days..( Once upon a Time) we were taught that for a right hander the left is. Control and the right Power so I think this maybe you 're answer MA .

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Roger...... I asked the cricket question for a reason. When batting, it is the top hand that does most of the work. The bottom hand does even less work than the 4th official at a football game. Those of you who bat so-called right handed are actually using your LEFT hand to bat. Those who, like me, bat left are actually using our right hand..... ergo, most people should bat left handed. I wonder why they don't?

I have a theory. When batting you stand side on to the bowler. One eye is closer to, and more in line with, the bowler. Everybody has one eye stronger than the other. For me it is my right eye. Standing leftie has my right eye closer to, and more in line with, the bowler. I do everything right handed except batting/golf swing. My right eye is the stronger of the two. My brother, who was left handed at everything had a stroinger left eye and batted right handed. Small pool of data, admittedly, but I have asked other left handed bats down the years, most were righties and those that knew, had a stronger right eye.

Maybe the ECB will sanction a poll among professionals.......
    As a competition rifle shooter, your analysis has no comparison
    I am right handed. The left arm is a support peg. The right arm/hand are what control the aiming and shot release point.
    My right eye is the strongest eye, with the left one completely blanked with a darkened lens.
    There are stronger left eye shooters, who are right handed, but they fail miserably in comparison.
    (just my pointless input lol)

Same with my brother - he shoots game / clay pigeons and is left handed because his boss eye is his left

Oh dear where's all the peace and love gone.

DCFCA needs at least a yellow card for that, extreme views are fine IMO so long as they offer an opportunity for rebuttal or support but that outburst crossed a number of lines. Maybe the time HAS come for an active moderator round here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)