+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OT - Tom Daley is having a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I wouldnt be cowed by that threat since it was aimed at ramAnag I believe!

However you are right, keyboard warriors are simply laughable and such threats merely emphasise the issuers own inadequacies: and if you dont agree with me Romanis, I will just have to **** you one

But its far from DCFCA's first offence - particularly re swear filter abuse
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really looking to be blown...

Thanks all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I wouldnt be cowed by that threat since it was aimed at ramAnag I believe!

However you are right, keyboard warriors are simply laughable and such threats merely emphasise the issuers own inadequacies: and if you dont agree with me Romanis, I will just have to **** you one ☺

But its far from DCFCA's first offence - particularly re swear filter abuse
    Water off a duck’s back to me. Totally agree about keyboard warriors, likewise those who attend football matches and are wannabe hard men....from an extraordinarily long distance.
    Rom is right I think, DCFCA does make some decent football points and he’s not the only one who avoids the swear filter. As regards more socio-political matters I suspect he’s a reactionary twit (other vowels are available) but that’s not a crime.

An interesting footnote to this.
    Iceland today banned the circumcision of young children, male and female. Iceland's Minister in charge stated, 'A child has rights too.' They should be of sufficient age to decide on such matters.'

Which is roughly my point here. Doesn't a child, be it even an unborn or baby have rights to decide if they are ok with having a gay couple to adopt and act as their parents?

Would any of us be comfortable to have parents who are gay? Ok maybe it's alright if a parent decides to be an LGBT, he or she can still have custody of the child and remain a parent. But it's different when you have an adoption, where the child has no contact with either parent and no choice in the matter.
    Surely the support can be given until such age where the child with a better understanding of LGBT can decide if he/she is comfortable with adoption by an LGBT couple.
    The child has rights too, is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    An interesting footnote to this.
    Iceland today banned the circumcision of young children, male and female. Iceland's Minister in charge stated, 'A child has rights too.' They should be of sufficient age to decide on such matters.'

Which is roughly my point here. Doesn't a child, be it even an unborn or baby have rights to decide if they are ok with having a gay couple to adopt and act as their parents?

Would any of us be comfortable to have parents who are gay? Ok maybe it's alright if a parent decides to be an LGBT, he or she can still have custody of the child and remain a parent. But it's different when you have an adoption, where the child has no contact with either parent and no choice in the matter.
    Surely the support can be given until such age where the child with a better understanding of LGBT can decide if he/she is comfortable with adoption by an LGBT couple.
    No one is disputing that children have rights too, are they?
    Of course they do, although quite how you decide whether or not an infant or very young child is ‘happy’ to be adopted by a LGBT couple escapes me.
    Surely the ‘right’/entitlement is to be brought up by capable, loving and caring parents. Not sure why you seem to doubt that LGBT couples are capable of that.
    A much bigger question, imo, is the number of ‘natural’ parents who don’t fit that description. Producing children is very easy Rom...being a parent very much harder and there will be a lot more checks in place for any prospective adoptive parents than there are for ‘natural’ parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    k maybe it's alright if a parent decides to be an LGBT, he or she can still have custody of the child and remain a parent. But it's different when you have an adoption, where the child has no contact with either parent and no choice in the matter.
    Do right minded folk still believe that individuals DECIDE to be LGBT? It all starts when the sperm penetrates the egg. Just as during the evolution in the womb it is decided for the child whether it will be left handed or right etc etc etc so is it set in stone whether you will be hetero or not or even hermaphrodite...........

2nd bit in bold. So you would have a baby in the system flitting from foster home to foster home or in a council home rather than being cared for by an LGBT couple? Love your empathy, I really do. Now, where is that sarcasm emoji?

It's up-to the authorities to assess the suitability of prospective parents, and where one slots one's dong, within the bounds of threat to the adoptee (eg a *****phile would not be suitable), is totally irrelevant imo.

You ask the question of the child's rights to make a decision on their adoptive parents, but a child isn't qualified to make that decision. And as RA alludes, there are many, many natural parents who would not pass the stringent tests put forward via adoption.

I have family members who should not be breeding, but they bloody well do!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Do right minded folk still believe that individuals DECIDE to be LGBT?
    Not that its necessarily relevant to suitability, but based on my historical interaction with two letters of that acronym, there is a mix, some most certainly DO decide for all sorts of reasons

Note: As part of a 'happy amateurs' journalist/photographer team

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)