+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Tom Daley is having a baby!

OT - Tom Daley is having a baby!

If you haven't heard:

https://news.sky.com/story/tom-daley...-baby-11250324

Pray tell what's the world coming to?

Look I have no objections in people being gay, lesbian or transgender. No objection in what kind of ***ual activity they prefer. No objection them getting married and enjoying the benefits that the Law provides for married couples.
    But surely one must draw the line at certain things.

Adoption is a tricky thing I accept. Would it be better to have an orphaned kid live with an LGBT couple rather than live in children's home that cannot provide the right kind of environment? Or even a kid living in poverty elsewhere, whose parents want a better life for him/her and offer the child for adoption? And the LGBT couple is the best one available to provide this? Ok perhaps in some circumstances, yes.

However, look at the way Daley goes about this. It's Valentine's, hooray I'm gonna have a baby!

Does an unborn child have no rights to a mother? Or if the couple was lesbian, to a father?

Can Daley and partner provide the necessary parental love, beyond just material means?
    What about the kid growing up? How does he cope or explain his 'family position'?
    Isn't this a bit too traumatic for kids to deal at such an early age?

Ok what about a kid that's a bit older in some poor part of the world that gets adopted by such a couple?
    You might ask does he deserve to live in squalor or live with such a couple that can provide a better life?
    Well at least the kid's a bit older and can and should be given a choice to say yes or no. And if he can give it there and then, then at least the question must be available to him when he's much older and can make a determination.

I'm not saying an LGBT couple can't adopt, but I don't think they should be allowed with kids at such young ages and certainly not with babies. They can still provide the help needed, even the love with actual permenant possession of the child until the child is better equipped to make the choice. A minimum age of say 14-16 should be the barometer.

Daley's decision is good for him but is good for the child?
    The choice of being gay is personal and a person's right to make. But being gay is also accepting that for reasons that nature/God has made, that you accept that you cannot make kids. It's wrong to tip or change natural procreation laws just to suit your choice.

Ask Adam Macey and Ian Craig

Its sick

100 years ago these pair would have had the s h I t knocked out of them, not anymore though, they can do as they like and we have to keep quiet about it or else.

I don't think we can allow this to carry on for much longer tbh, and the bbc need shutting down end of story, they've long since gone past the point of no return. society is all wrong and its down to platforms like the mainstream media, these people pushing this c r a p are simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Its sick

100 years ago these pair would have had the s h I t knocked out of them, not anymore though, they can do as they like and we have to keep quiet about it or else.

I don't think we can allow this to carry on for much longer tbh, and the bbc need shutting down end of story, they've long since gone past the point of no return. society is all wrong and its down to platforms like the mainstream media, these people pushing this c r a p are simple.
    For someone who has to ‘keep quiet or else’ you seem to be making quite a lot of ‘noise’.
    I understand that it all takes some getting used to, but before you start calling things ‘sick’ let’s remember that there are an awful lot of hetero***ual parents who aren’t up to the ‘job’ and that the vast majority of ***ual abuse perpetrated by adults towards children is hetero***ual in nature...Catholic priests apart of course, but then doubtless they’d share in your bigotry.

You defending this rama makes me think your a weirdo. Anyone who defends this needs a serious hammering as well imo.

You defending this rama makes me think your a weirdo. Anyone who defends this needs a serious hammering as well imo.
    So an idiot on here who advocates violence on someone for an opinion they hold thinks society has gone wrong. You absolutely could not make it up!

As for the moderation on this site, why such posts are not removed? it just shows what a creepy corner of the internet this site has become. Any connection with DCFC is a mere accident.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    So an idiot on here who advocates violence on someone for an opinion they hold thinks society has gone wrong. You absolutely could not make it up!

As for the moderation on this site, why such posts are not removed? it just shows what a creepy corner of the internet this site has become. Any connection with DCFC is a mere accident.

I hope this pertains just to the poster not the thread itself.
    It's a controversial topic, but what's wrong in talking difficult stuff? We are adults and should be able to discuss stuff without the need to act as a dick.

Its sick

If this response is designed as a wind up, its in poor taste. If its a serious response I simply despair at its sheer bigotry.

Its simply not worth wasting breath on, and this from someone who wasted loads of it on another poster.

Shut this thread /post down now! I can see a good few fall outs coming! Started by a red dog too!

Lol...another keyboard warrior threatening violence in the absence of reason. Grow up and get over your prejudice.
    I honestly do understand that it may take some adjusting to, but all that really matters where bringing up children is concerned is that those responsible are able to provide an environment where the child is able to thrive and feel loved. If you think that only hetero***uals can provide that you are sadly mistaken and similarly, if you’d seen the evidence that I have of children who have been bullied and abused by their ‘straight’, ‘normal’ and hetero***ual fathers perhaps you’d change your mind
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-02-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)