+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida shooting 50 injured

Florida shooting 50 injured

A suspected gunman has been arrested after opening fire on a Florida high school, leaving at least 50 injured.
    The 'heavily armed' shooter, named by police sources to DailyMail.com as student Nicolas Cruz, 19, entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, armed with what appears to be an assault rifle, and began shooting at just after 2pm.
    What will Trump do?
    Nothing I suppose.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz577ehVFJi

Absolutely horrendous. RIP to those who have been murdered..

America has over 300 million guns in its country.. What a sad state of affairs it is..

Trump has sent his thoughts and prayers - again.

Not good enough.

What IS it with America and guns?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

What IS it with America and guns?
    The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution refers to a pre-existing right to keep and bear arms: it says
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments contained in the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment was based partially on the right to keep and bear arms in English common law and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689.

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the right belongs to individuals, while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices

Changing the constitution is not easy and there are powerful lobbies for holding guns, led by gun makers. In remote and rural locations guns safeguard people against wild animals, and in the days it was written against lawless people,but the need for people to hold dozens of them in urban areas in the modern world seems arguable. Some states I think California, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, do regulate against guns. Others prevent concealed weapons and some states want proof of identity to buy them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_...tates_by_state

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What will Trump do?
    Nothing I suppose.
    What did Obama do about it, or Clinton ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What did Obama do about it, or Clinton ?
    Obama tried to some effect but congress stopped him.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ol-mass-shoot/

17 dead so far. RIP

Alright lads! First up I have always enjoyed reading the posts on your board and I must admit to having a soft spot for your club. I spent a fair amount of time back in the 70,s working on a project at Huncoat Power Plant. Great days.

Anyway, the shooting. I have lived in Texas for the last 30+ years, grew up and lived before that in the Wolverhampton area. Now I live in a town of around 200,000 people about 30 miles north of Houston. I can guarantee that this year will be the same as last year in that gun crime in the Wolverhampton and surronding area will well exceed that where I live.

The problem here in the states with these shootings is a cultural/social problem that is to complex to address here, nothing to do with the availability of firearms. The UK has some of the strictist [spelling?] gun laws in the world, hey pick up a newspaper, it makes no difference at all.

Note that if you are a Swiss citizen you have to, by law, possess [sorry my spell corrector don't work!] a firearm and be trained to use it.

The reports coming out are that the shooter was known to be troubled and a lot of ordainary people had red flagged him. The problem is that in the prevalent PC enviroment infested with liberal/leftie lawyers there can be no pre action intervention.

A very tragic incident, but it will not be the last unfortunately.

And by the way the bat eared, monkey faced racist did not do anything about the laws when in office because there were no votes in it.

Comments are welcome.

Move along……..nothing see here…..same old nonsense. I’ll guarantee those who penned the 2nd amendment are turning in their graves knowing what they created.

It’s just a matter of time before the next one happens and absolutely nothing will be done to curtail the slaughter.

NRA will probably call for more, bigger guns.

come back woodland when some one in your family gets killed by a crazed troubled gunman-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)