+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last season v this season

Last season v this season

I've just had a look at the final league table from last season as I couldn't remember exactly what the point gap was between ourselves and Hibs.

They finished with 71 points, we had 57.

By my reckoning that's a difference of 14 points.

Now I know that you can't make any conclusion at the moment and the correct time to make comparisons is the end of the season, but we currently sit 14 points behind a St Mirren team who must be considered inferior to the Hibs team of last season.

So what does that say about our level of progress? Can we really be worse off than we were last season?

Am I depressing anyone yet?

Your right, to compare now is just wrong.

Tell you what is similar though , the way our arse has fainted in January , scarily similar to last season

To early to compare to last year but similarities are there.

looked decent into jan window then struggle with results and team selection all over the place.

but last year after the poor run we managed to pull some sort of results back in March/April ish (not as good but better than the poor run)

if we can reclaim our form this season then we can still go up probably via play offs

Houston’s side had the capacity and fight to go on a strong run, i’m Afraid we don’t have that within our pool of players who have been humbled by lesser teams too many times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    To early to compare to last year but similarities are there.

looked decent into jan window then struggle with results and team selection all over the place.

but last year after the poor run we managed to pull some sort of results back in March/April ish (not as good but better than the poor run)

if we can reclaim our form this season then we can still go up probably via play offs
    I really hope you're right that we can reclaim our form and go on a wee run to close the gap on Saint Midden but I very much doubt that our current squad has the bottle to make it through the play offs.

I don't think it's anything to do with bottle. Before the injuries Csaba knew or best side and played it. We were on a great run. Since then, and the signing influx in January, Csaba no longer knows the best team and it's taking him time to get there.

IF (and a big IF) Briels is fit and can come back I saw enough at times to show he would bring energy to midfield. Problem is Flood is Csaba's darling and i think he is a liability. Slater has been awful but as said Killie fans rated him highly.

No fight in team at times.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Csaba no longer knows the best team and it's taking him time to get there.
    Unfortunately Terry, time is a luxury we now don't have. We have been thrown a mini lifeline yesterday - we have to take advantage on Friday. A draw is no use.

Maybe but it is what it is. We need to be brave as a club and get some consistency over the next few years as the lack of this has be a huge contributory factor in our current situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)