+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley in for Gareth Ainsworth ?

Barnsley in for Gareth Ainsworth ?

Been said Wycombe Wanderers have rejected a undisclosed championship clubs approach, to speak to manager Gareth Ainsworth.
    With only Barnsley not having a manager in the championship, could it be them, or perhaps a club who are about to ditch their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Been said Wycombe Wanderers have rejected a undisclosed championship clubs approach, to speak to manager Gareth Ainsworth.
    With only Barnsley not having a manager in the championship, could it be them, or perhaps a club who are about to ditch their manager.
    Nowt about Ainsworth on recent Barnsleymad posts

They're welcome to him! He's yo-yo'd Wycombe up and down league 2 while ever he's been there. Think he won a promotion but were instantly relegated back the year after?

I believe he was invited to interview after we contacted Wycombe and asked for permission .

He's on a short list of candidates and wasn't guaranteed the job .

He's turned down the interview and says he's happy at Wycombe so fair play to the bloke .

Jack Ross the St Mirren HC looks favourite but we are hearing Graham Alexander could be a contender too .

Where’s Alan Stubbs when you need him?

You’ve missed out on Redfern he’s gone to manage a girlie team.

Good luck whoever you sign pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Where’s Alan Stubbs when you need him?

You’ve missed out on Redfern he’s gone to manage a girlie team.

Good luck whoever you sign pal.
    Thanks brin , the new guy whoever he is will certainly need all the luck he can get .

Hoping to have our man installed before the Burton game on tuesday night .

Big game that Animal.
    Luton manager seems to be doing really well..how about him?

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Big game that Animal.
    Luton manager seems to be doing really well..how about him?
    Massive game on tuesday night , Nathan Jones seems to fit in with what the owners are looking for but he's a name I haven't heard linked to the job .

I heard they were after Garry Monk? He would be ideal if he would go there.

My money is still on Art Howe, he worked wonders for Billy Beane during the MoneyBall era