Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Barnsley in for Gareth Ainsworth ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,722

    Barnsley in for Gareth Ainsworth ?

    Been said Wycombe Wanderers have rejected a undisclosed championship clubs approach, to speak to manager Gareth Ainsworth.
    With only Barnsley not having a manager in the championship, could it be them, or perhaps a club who are about to ditch their manager.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Been said Wycombe Wanderers have rejected a undisclosed championship clubs approach, to speak to manager Gareth Ainsworth.
    With only Barnsley not having a manager in the championship, could it be them, or perhaps a club who are about to ditch their manager.
    Nowt about Ainsworth on recent Barnsleymad posts

  3. #3
    They're welcome to him! He's yo-yo'd Wycombe up and down league 2 while ever he's been there. Think he won a promotion but were instantly relegated back the year after?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11,331
    I believe he was invited to interview after we contacted Wycombe and asked for permission .

    He's on a short list of candidates and wasn't guaranteed the job .

    He's turned down the interview and says he's happy at Wycombe so fair play to the bloke .

    Jack Ross the St Mirren HC looks favourite but we are hearing Graham Alexander could be a contender too .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,808
    Where’s Alan Stubbs when you need him?

    You’ve missed out on Redfern he’s gone to manage a girlie team.

    Good luck whoever you sign pal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Where’s Alan Stubbs when you need him?

    You’ve missed out on Redfern he’s gone to manage a girlie team.

    Good luck whoever you sign pal.
    Thanks brin , the new guy whoever he is will certainly need all the luck he can get .

    Hoping to have our man installed before the Burton game on tuesday night .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,448
    Big game that Animal.
    Luton manager seems to be doing really well..how about him?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11,331
    Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Big game that Animal.
    Luton manager seems to be doing really well..how about him?
    Massive game on tuesday night , Nathan Jones seems to fit in with what the owners are looking for but he's a name I haven't heard linked to the job .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,960
    I heard they were after Garry Monk? He would be ideal if he would go there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,063
    My money is still on Art Howe, he worked wonders for Billy Beane during the MoneyBall era

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •