+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is England

This is England

The Clash was a great band,far superior than the Pistols who grabbed all of the headlines,Bankrobber was my personal favorite which you never hear on the radio

The Ramones weren't bad either

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    The Clash was a great band,far superior than the Pistols who grabbed all of the headlines,Bankrobber was my personal favorite which you never hear on the radio
    I did like the Pistols but I did realise that they couldn't sing lol

Clash all the way Chalky

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The Ramones weren't bad either
    I found them a bit insipid tbf Alfie

I went to a gig of there's once. Not being a punk we took the opportunity to ruff them punks up in the pogo lol. Some bikers gate crashed and said they were getting tooled up and wanted us to join them outside to pogo some more - cor blimey mates lol in those days you had
    Skins
    Mods
    Bootboys
    Punks
    Rockabillies
    and more to contend with

It was mad being a music fan back in 76-80,I was heavily into the rockabilly/psychobilly scene but loved all kinds of music but you could get beat up just for walking down the road with a quiff or blue hair in those days,I went to a few gigs where there was a gang of skins or punks waiting outside looking for a fight,that fad seems to have faded by the 80's thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    It was mad being a music fan back in 76-80,I was heavily into the rockabilly/psychobilly scene but loved all kinds of music but you could get beat up just for walking down the road with a quiff or blue hair in those days,I went to a few gigs where there was a gang of skins or punks waiting outside looking for a fight,that fad seems to have faded by the 80's thankfully
    There was a big Rockabillie movement Swindon and were a decent bunch in general. The punks dominated the town centre.

I hasten to add that I never joined the bikers in there action packed pogo match