+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean Dyche backs Hendrick in no.10 role.

Sean Dyche backs Hendrick in no.10 role.

Am I alone in thinking Sean has got this one wrong.Can he not see from the side of the pitch what I can see on TV.Hendrick in my humble opinion has been absolutely dire over the last 3 months.Slow,bad passing,no creativity and no threat.Is that what we are looking for in a no.10? Or could this be Sean trying to instil some confidence in Hendrick?

Our weak link

It was working very well - until the Brady injury. Since then, and our other injuries, not so much.

Trouble is, we do not appear to have a decent alternative at the moment.

Is that not Wells' position?

No Casper, Wells is on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Is that not Wells' position?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    No Casper, Wells is on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Am I alone in thinking Sean has got this one wrong.Can he not see from the side of the pitch what I can see on TV.Hendrick in my humble opinion has been absolutely dire over the last 3 months.Slow,bad passing,no creativity and no threat.Is that what we are looking for in a no.10? Or could this be Sean trying to instil some confidence in Hendrick?
    Quite simply he’s not a number 10, can’t play that role he has neither the pace or brain for it.
    He’s a holding midfielder and I’ve posted before I like his work ethic , he gets through some dirty stuff that others don’t like , competes and is physical , which we don’t have a lot of. ( much as many will argue we miss his competitive edge when he doesn’t play ) .
    Shame really but when Cork came him and Defour are a good match hence why Jeff got the support role to one up front.

Sean is just trying to support the fella which is fair enough,( he’s definitely misssed Brady as they looked for each other a lot ) .

We know Sean has an eye for a player and he chased this one for a while before he got him- this lad can play but inconsistently- we also know that Sean can make the odd error of judgement - Marvin the magician seemed to always disappear, Wells , Walters, havent shown
    up yet- Wood and/or Woods ( 2 errors in one )

Im impressed 59/60 - that was good - for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Interesting the SD felt he had to make any comment on Hendrick.

The other posts have it right. Its part encouragement; part justification.

Maybe the other posts also have it right in that Hendrick is probably a holding midfielder. Certainly we get nothing from him as a support to the forwards.

There may be other options but unless you are prepared to change things or give other players a fair go in his position we will never know.

Its also interesting that other posts comment on SD less than perfect transfer-in decisions.

Do I perceive the first cracks in the wall?

Moving forward requires courage and being prepared to make difficult calls.

The fact that SD is not a gambler --is quite conservative in fact--and remains loyal to his players at all costs--maybe, just maybe the last 10 games without a win could have seen some interesting playing options.

And no, I haven't forgotten that we were short on players over that time and yes I know we are only beaten by the odd goal most of the time.

But we haven't looked threatening or comfortable for a while.

When is the right time to shuffle the pack if not when you are in a safe position?

At least then you can make your mind up on making post season changes from a solid knowledge base.

Making mistakes in buying less than ideal players is not limited to just us.

Correcting these mistakes early and moving on seems to be the stumbling block.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)