+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If we go down - Graham Potter!?

I wouldn't be averse to giving someone a go like Potter, I have no idea what he's be like and it would be a gamble, but wouldn't every manager?

If Pardew was to leave for any reason, a manager I really like is Gary Rowett. If he'd come to us.

Lets see how this season pans out first. Pardew might yet pull a rabbit out of the hat. It was only two weeks ago, after the Liverpool win in the cup, people were praising him and his tactics. We've got some winnable games coming up, lets try and create some momentum and do something special. Staying up from this position would rank up there with most great escapes seen in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    This is Sweden not England. Stourbridge would probably be on the fringe of their top league. Walsalll would probably be in it!

Yes they played tidy and yes when they were 2-0 down they had the odd chance but so do most lower league teams in cup matches. Even sounds like most reports of us under AP - tidy some neat football and could have scored a couple of goals.

As I said well done to Potter for what he has achieved but a huge jump from Swedish league to manage in the PL or even Championship and yes I appreciate we will never know until he is given a chance.
    If we are judging manager achievement how do you think the game might have gone if Potter was in charge of Arsenal and Wenger in charge of Ostersund?....just askin loike...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    If we are judging manager achievement how do you think the game might have gone if Potter was in charge of Arsenal and Wenger in charge of Ostersund?....just askin loike...
    That is the question of course.

My own opinion is that someone like Graham Potter would struggle to deal with the massive egos of the top players and agents at Arsenal. Also I don’t think the top players at Arsenal would respect Graham Potter at all. Can’t prove it but I suspect Wenger is also more tactically astute than Potter. So for me Arsenal would be considerably worse under Potter.

As to Wenger managing a lesser club not sure but I do believe players would respond to him due to the track record that he has. He also develops players, especially young players and therefore I think the Swedish side would probably be better under Wenger. We will never though, as I can’t see Potter at Arsenal anymore than I can see Arsene in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    That is the question of course.

My own opinion is that someone like Graham Potter would struggle to deal with the massive egos of the top players and agents at Arsenal. Also I don’t think the top players at Arsenal would respect Graham Potter at all. Can’t prove it but I suspect Wenger is also more tactically astute than Potter. So for me Arsenal would be considerably worse under Potter.

As to Wenger managing a lesser club not sure but I do believe players would respond to him due to the track record that he has. He also develops players, especially young players and therefore I think the Swedish side would probably be better under Wenger. We will never though, as I can’t see Potter at Arsenal anymore than I can see Arsene in Sweden.

Sir Alex started at East Stirling......Bill Shankly at Workington and Mourinho was Bobby Robson’s translator and a minor assistant coach at Barcelona FFS......everybody at the top needed someone to give them a chance.

Give me your list of who will be managing the top six English clubs 15 years from now because working to your rules this should be pretty easy?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Three huskies and a moose.
    Name:  Staffies laughing.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  35.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He’s taken his team from the fourth division in Sweden into their top division and won their fa cup in his 7 years at the helm and tonight they take on Arsenal in the Europa League.

A bloody awful player for us but impressive and progressive in his coaching.

To do what he’s done from such a low base is impressive and a 7 year stint at that club says a lot about his qualities.

Someone in the UK will give him a chance at some point.
    I would go for Danny Cowley at Lincoln, before people start saying that he does not have the experience remember when we appointed Big Ron from Cambridge United not many had heard of him, but he certainly fired the team up.

Who could begrudge Potter or Cowley a go after that bag of s h I t today.

Inept/woeful performance and another car crash team selection.

Why no Sam Field?

Why Evans at LB where he’s as comfortable as a fish on a motorbike.

When will people wake up to how useless Hegazi is.....out of position time after time.

Phillips.....PATHETIC!

The Pole.....heart the size of a pea.

McLean.....brain the size of a pea!

Barry....plodding,sideways dog s h I t football.

Utterly clueless team selection and tactics by Pardew.

I think radio WM might be right.....Jenkins will be loading his gun as we speak.

This is a team without hope.

Pardew HAS to go Now. This bloke is gonna take us down. Should never have been given 30 months.

Now i'd like Silva, but it appears that watford have not paid him off yet so he's technically on gardening leave i presume, so unattainable.

That's what we should have done to pulis, not just paying him off so he goes to his next pay off at boro asap, why pay off someone off unless it's for massive reduction in our favour.

This and giving tp a 2 year deal when he was always on a one rolling contract and then the 30 month pr!kdew contract shows why williams and goodman were given the boot.

I suspect Jenkins is looking for a replacement for him since he was reappointed.

I like Wilder at sheff utd, as he earnt his praise after transforming northampton and then sheff utd.

The Fulham manager Janokovic is also someone proven, but i suspect he likes it in London having been promoted at Watford.

Potter imo, would have to come and do well at a walsall or rochdale to earn the wba job.

Someone mentioned Dean Smith, if he gets Brentford into the play offs then he would have earnt the chance to manage.

Not just given the top job at our place by his mate , after no-one touched him for over a year after 6 wins in a year got him the boot from his beloved palace.

Today i sat next to someone different at the game today and he said his mate's son played for pr!kdew and said his biggest problem is allegedly is that he cannot keep it in his trousers and goes after players wives and that reputation follows him from club to club.

If true, Hammond knew this and still put him first over us.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Now i'd like Silva, but it appears that watford have not paid him off yet so he's technically on gardening leave i presume, so unattainable.

That's what we should have done to pulis, not just paying him off so he goes to his next pay off at boro asap, why pay off someone off unless it's for massive reduction in our favour.

This and giving tp a 2 year deal when he was always on a one rolling contract and then the 30 month pr!kdew contract shows why williams and goodman were given the boot.

I suspect Jenkins is looking for a replacement for him since he was reappointed.

I like Wilder at sheff utd, as he earnt his praise after transforming northampton and then sheff utd.

The Fulham manager Janokovic is also someone proven, but i suspect he likes it in London having been promoted at Watford.

Potter imo, would have to come and do well at a walsall or rochdale to earn the wba job.

Someone mentioned Dean Smith, if he gets Brentford into the play offs then he would have earnt the chance to manage.

Not just given the top job at our place by his mate , after no-one touched him for over a year after 6 wins in a year got him the boot from his beloved palace.

Today i sat next to someone different at the game today and he said his mate's son played for pr!kdew and said his biggest problem is allegedly is that he cannot keep it in his trousers and goes after players wives and that reputation follows him from club to club.

If true, Hammond knew this and still put him first over us.

So four players have zero respect for their manager in Barcelona and make the club a laughing stock, and what does the manager do - play two of them! Barry looked as if he was still pissed! What message does that give from Pardew?

If, I was Sam Field who should have started today, I would be looking at putting in a demand to move! Incredible........

If Pardew is not sacked before the Huddersfield match then god help us. Pay a decent name ( there are a few about ) a huge bonus to tempt them if we stay up. What have we got to lose.

At this rate, I honestly can't see us beating Huddersfield and then it will be too late! I was slated for sticking up for Pulis, but Pardew is a shambles in comparison - worst record - worst discipline, and we are becoming an embarrassment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)