+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If we go down - Graham Potter!?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Now i'd like Silva, but it appears that watford have not paid him off yet so he's technically on gardening leave i presume, so unattainable.

That's what we should have done to pulis, not just paying him off so he goes to his next pay off at boro asap, why pay off someone off unless it's for massive reduction in our favour.

This and giving tp a 2 year deal when he was always on a one rolling contract and then the 30 month pr!kdew contract shows why williams and goodman were given the boot.

I suspect Jenkins is looking for a replacement for him since he was reappointed.

I like Wilder at sheff utd, as he earnt his praise after transforming northampton and then sheff utd.

The Fulham manager Janokovic is also someone proven, but i suspect he likes it in London having been promoted at Watford.

Potter imo, would have to come and do well at a walsall or rochdale to earn the wba job.

Someone mentioned Dean Smith, if he gets Brentford into the play offs then he would have earnt the chance to manage.

Not just given the top job at our place by his mate , after no-one touched him for over a year after 6 wins in a year got him the boot from his beloved palace.

Today i sat next to someone different at the game today and he said his mate's son played for pr!kdew and said his biggest problem is allegedly is that he cannot keep it in his trousers and goes after players wives and that reputation follows him from club to club.

If true, Hammond knew this and still put him first over us.

I was talking to a friend of mine who works at the club today about “Taxigate”.

It seems that Pardew ( allegedly ) reported his wallet and phone lost that same evening.......and was out on the lash at 3.00am p I s s e d out of his tree!

If Jenkins knows this then Pardew has to go.

It won’t change the end result though......this squad absolutely stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I was talking to a friend of mine who works at the club today about “Taxigate”.

It seems that Pardew ( allegedly ) reported his wallet and phone lost that same evening.......and was out on the lash at 3.00am p I s s e d out of his tree!

If Jenkins knows this then Pardew has to go.

It won’t change the end result though......this squad absolutely stinks.

I heard the same Mick strangely enough today! Perhaps, this is the reason why Pardew played Evans and Barry today, so not to seem a complete hypocrite!

The whole think stinks and Jenkins should get rid! How the hell can we beat Huddersfield with him in charge!

I heard about him losing his wallet and phone but not about being drunk at 3 am.

He's taking the p!ss like the 2 sacked and his mate hammond and now the players do this.

This stuff never happened to us before on tour but happens under his watch.

The players too have now started to follow the hierarchy and take the p!ss.

The last thing i recall involving the police was when some dings had a go at hughes and roberts at a bar at the mezza waterfront and a fight broke out (obviously i don't include Hughes' personal transgressions) in the Megson days.

But, i cannot recall anything abroad before involving a group of players.

Discipline off the pitch has gone and as has the solid defence on it.

I hate to say it but i think we are down.

And i'd phoenix nights brian potter over pr!kdew.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    All the positive comments so true and well done to an ex player. However, hardly surprising no idea at all when they go up against the likes of Arsenal. Swedish League one thing PL totally different.
    You were saying?

The thread is if we go down, missed that earlier in the week as others have been calling for Pardew to go now.

I suspect it is harder to get out of the Championship than to go down into it! Potter obviously works well with lesser players and must be a very good coach and deserves a chance. Definitely would not want him as PL coach as I don’t think PL players would respond to him irrespective of what he has done in Sweden.

Personally I would be happy to see him as a number 2 working with our Championship squad but with an experienced person as the number 1 (not Pulis). Not going to happen though as we ain’t going down.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You were saying?

A Swedish club founded in the 90s (1990s that is) with 0 League titles, the one thing they have won is the cup, once I believe. 2-0 up at half time at the Emirates, not bad!

I don't know why there are some derogatory remarks regarding Swedish football... Sweden have been a thorn in the England side for years.
    I believe we have won 8, drawn 9 and lost 7.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    I don't know why there are some derogatory remarks regarding Swedish football... Sweden have been a thorn in the England side for years.
    I believe we have won 8, drawn 9 and lost 7.
    Tbh glm, our clubs aren’t that good most of the time, an exception with Östersund now, and back in the days when IFK Göteborg won the Uefa cup twice, and Malmö FF reached the final of the Europa cup, lost to Nottingham Forest.

As a national team, we tend to over achieve though, not only vs good old England 😎.

1 Olympic Gold medal, 1 WC Silver medal, 1 WC Bronze medal and 1 EC Bronze medal, quite good for a country of (nowadays) ca 10 million people.

Back to the subject matter,Potter,not for me although I recognise and applaud him on his achievements,as said in another thread.smith then monk before Silva

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Back to the subject matter,Potter,not for me although I recognise and applaud him on his achievements,as said in another thread.smith then monk before Silva
    He would do for me 53, but only if Pearson/Shakespeare failed...if I am to make a few shekels on baggies coming back up we must try this combo first...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)