+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul Warne has killed this board

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    JCH I'll give you that one

but see if we are in the championship next season. Forde, Taylor & Newell couldn't hack it last time in there, won't this time. Bailey-King want to see him before judging him.

Warney ok in league 1 again see if he's learnt since last season in the championship.
    It doesn't matter if we're in the championship with regards to the team we pick now, it matters what side is good enough to win the next game, and so far Warney is proving he knows what he's doing. Vaulks couldn't hack it last time but I bet you've no doubt that he'll be good enough in the championship. Nothing to say those three won't be good enough next time. You want to see Bailey-King before judging him? You've judged him to be good enough for a place in the starting line up without seeing him.

Do you honestly think we'd be higher up the table if you were picking the team instead of Warne? Also, if you're not on a wind up, why do you keep avoiding answering questions with regards to the Nicky Maynard thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Try Alan Crawford.
    Definitely Alan Crawford - about 34 goals from the wing although quite a few were penalties if I recall correctly (maybe a dozen penalties).

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Definitely Alan Crawford - about 34 goals from the wing although quite a few were penalties if I recall correctly (maybe a dozen penalties).
    1976/7 season 31 goals

Adam Le fondre, he scored 30 odd goals in a season while we were at DVS, so around 2010 I guess.

After checking, which I should have done first, it looks like I was wrong about ALF scoring 30 odd goals. Sorry. As you were.

1976/7 season 31 goals
    Correct Galant & yes around 13 were pens & quite a few were FA Cup / League Cup goals, that doesn't alter the fact it was a damn good return for that season. It could well still be a club record for a winger.

Long live Paul Warne....make the best of what we have now because as soon as results go down the pan ' doom & gloom ' mongers will be back on.

U.T.M.

1976/7 season 31 goals
    Just checked in "Now we are United " by Gerry Somerton. Alan Crawford got 23 league goals in Division 3 (now League 1), 6 goals in the FA Cup, and 2 goals in the League Cup... making 31 in total. It doesn't say in the book how many were penalties though.
    Trevor Phillips got 21 league goals and 2 in the League Cup in that season too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234