+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's Dummett about this lad.

There's Dummett about this lad.

A nice new long term deal for Paul Dummett. Takes him into his 30's and he deserves it.
    I love a good loyal servant and a die hard Newcastle player.
    Well done Paul and well done Newcastle for securing his services.

It's a statement of intent for all those young players who are willing to put the effort in that places are always available for those who are willing to graft and learn to get the privilege of wearing the black and white of Newcastle United.

I think this is great news.

He's not the greatest and never will be but he's solid and we look better when he's playing.

Should we really push on he'll be replaced but he's the type of player you want at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

He's not the greatest and never will be but he's solid and we look better when he's playing.

Should we really push on he'll be replaced but he's the type of player you want at the club.

Yup. We've got to cut our cloth according to our position and he's definitely the best option at the minute. great, too, that he's 'one of us' and we know he'll never fail for lack of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

This.

Excellent news. Well deserved, a proper defender who wears our shirt with pride. Give me 11 Dummett's over the likes of Sissoko or Wijnaldum any day.

This article makes some very good points in support of Dummett (although the writer is talking utter shite about Gouffran )

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/on-paul-dummett/

Worth a read.

Good read that and I think we're all guilty of singling players out on numerous occasions when things just don't seem to go our way.
    We're a fickle bunch.

The thing is we can all be every colour of the rainbow at any set time with almost every player but when sat down on our own to try and rationally evaluate the overall worth of a player, lot's of mindset's change.

Someone has to be a scapegoat and Dummett's had his fair share of being one and so has Diame, Shelvey, Ritchie, Darlow, Elliot, Clark,.....I could go on but I think people get what I'm saying.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity just as there's a fine line between a scapegoat and praise of a player.

The major issue in football is in the ease in which a certain player in a certain position can be picked out for praise or a good old rattling.
    Unfortunately for Dummett he's had to do a lot of covering graft but also taking the lions share of attacking down his line.
    By laws of averages he's going to suffer in some but also suffering when our attacks break down, down his line.

It's a testament to his mental toughness and his willingness to graft it out and take one for the team that stands him out as deserving....not to mention his obvious roots.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's a testament to his mental toughness and his willingness to graft it out and take one for the team that stands him out as deserving....not to mention his obvious roots.
    Very well put.

When Pardew told him he would never 'make it' as a player, was the day that he knew he had a bright future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)