+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bladesmad tech help required

Bladesmad tech help required

Silverblade read the posts on the 'Investment for CW' thread concerning her. She was touched by these and she wanted to say thank you and post a few comments about the Blades.

She hasn't posted for 4 or 5 years and when she tried to log on she was unable to. She then enlisted my help but I couldn't log on for her either.

We are fairly sure we got the password correct but I then tried to reset this where upon it said a message would be sent to her email. We have done this twice but there is no message whereas all her other emails are being received.

I cannot find out how to contact the mods (it used to be via the complaint button?) and am now struggling to know what to do. So in trying to help her I have only proved I am not as good as I should be with technology.

Has anyone got a few minutes to help?

Many thanks & UTB

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Silverblade read the posts on the 'Investment for CW' thread concerning her. She was touched by these and she wanted to say thank you and post a few comments about the Blades.

She hasn't posted for 4 or 5 years and when she tried to log on she was unable to. She then enlisted my help but I couldn't log on for her either.

We are fairly sure we got the password correct but I then tried to reset this where upon it said a message would be sent to her email. We have done this twice but there is no message whereas all her other emails are being received.

I cannot find out how to contact the mods (it used to be via the complaint button?) and am now struggling to know what to do. So in trying to help her I have only proved I am not as good as I should be with technology.

Many thanks & UTB
    Gray's normally the tech guy on here but try in boxin Blockmod mate.UTCB

Sent an email to the admins RE SILVERBLADE,hope Mr G can work his magic again, like he did with TT.

could you not start a new user name altogether........ie silverbladethesecond or similar

Have you looked in the spam folder on her emails ?

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post

Many thanks & UTB
    Hi Silent.

There’s a problem with the email validation service on the forum, I posted this on the pinned message at the top of the page. I’ve reported it several times direct to the FMN and it’s still the same, I’ve just tried it.

So the problem lies with the email, not the password and so it's the email that needs changing and it’s probably best just to set her up a new account.

If you've got a BT email, you will rarely receive the link to validate your account. For some reason this network just won't acknowledge it. However, a Google email always generates an email and so if you're having problems the best thing to do is get or use your Gmail email. Other emails are hit and miss, sometimes you'll get a a validation email sometimes you won't. It's not a spam issue, the mail just isn't being sent out as promised, and remember you can't post until you've clicked on the link to validate your new settings or account.

So if you setup Silver with a Gmail email and use it to validate a new account it should work ok. Remember when you set up a new account ‘SilverBlade’ won’t be available but you can just add a random number random after it (eg SilverBlade81) and it should work. UTB

Thank you very much indeed to everyone for your help with these. have followed up most of the suggestions and hopefully Silver will be able to repost on here soon. UTB