+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ihiekwe

Ihiekwe

Ihiekwe came on for Mattock in the week but he's so right footed I can't see PW considering him at left back.

Although he didn't do too badly Tuesday I honestly don't think don't think he kept the balance of the team as it has been for so long now.

Purrington for me.

Warney praised him, tbf he did ok but I’d prefer Purrington who surely must be fit enough by now unless he’s injured.
    Hamstring for Mattock who didn’t train today

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Ihiekwe came on for Mattock in the week but he's so right footed I can't see PW considering him at left back.

Although he didn't do too badly Tuesday I honestly don't think don't think he kept the balance of the team as it has been for so long now.

Purrington for me.
    .... or even Hinds, if Purrington isn't fit. We should only play players out of position as a last resort

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    .... or even Hinds, if Purrington isn't fit. We should only play players out of position as a last resort
    Hinds & Wiles were the standout players in the checkatrade against Chessie.

If you remember, Ihiekwe played at left back against Doncaster and was pretty poor to be honest. Let's face it, he's not a full back and shouldn't be played there unless in an emergency which it was on Tuesday night.
    I really hope Mattock is fit for Saturday because he's the best left back at the club. I don't know what make of Purrington, he seems a bit fragile, and I've never seen Hinds play

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Warney praised him, tbf he did ok but I’d prefer Purrington who surely must be fit enough by now unless he’s injured.
    Hamstring for Mattock who didn’t train today
    Warne replaced Newell with a right footed player on Tuesday in Taylor so he hasn't learned his early season lesson of playing players on the wrong side of the park based on the dominance of their feet. We then had two players on the left with neither of them having a good left foot which makes them very predictable in having to come inside to play the ball forwards
    Ford on the left and Williams on the right were early season schoolboy errors which cost us dearly - I thought he had learned his lesson but got away with it as Oxford didn't take advantage.

Gru, you truly are, to quote Chuchill, a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Earlier today you said "Wouldn't say our actual signings this season have looked championship players but are mostly plenty good enough for League 1" and yet you are looking at performances by "your boys" in a meaningless cup competition against Chessie reserves, who are possibly about to drop out of the league.

Talk about double standards.

Surreal

Oops another one worked you out gwru tick tock.

Wind up or stupid which one is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Warne replaced Newell with a right footed player on Tuesday in Taylor so he hasn't learned his early season lesson of playing players on the wrong side of the park based on the dominance of their feet. We then had two players on the left with neither of them having a good left foot which makes them very predictable in having to come inside to play the ball forwards
    Ford on the left and Williams on the right were early season schoolboy errors which cost us dearly - I thought he had learned his lesson but got away with it as Oxford didn't take advantage.
    They did take advantage, they scored in left back territory quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Gru, you truly are, to quote Chuchill, a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Earlier today you said "Wouldn't say our actual signings this season have looked championship players but are mostly plenty good enough for League 1" and yet you are looking at performances by "your boys" in a meaningless cup competition against Chessie reserves, who are possibly about to drop out of the league.

Talk about double standards.

Surreal
    I thought Ihiekwe got better as the game went on and did well for a centre half playing out of position in an emergency. If Mattock isn't ready I doubt he'll start ahead of Purrington on Saturday, and if Purrington isn't fit either, I reckon Warne would probably play Cummings or Emmanuel there before Ihiekwe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast