+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Gun Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    That is a very insular view and illustrates the complete blind spot that Americans have when it comes to gun control.
    However, you are right about Mexico - a barbaric place. Best build a wall, eh?
    It's an insular view that the problems are far more complex than the availability of guns? Of course stricter gun laws might have avoided some deaths. But then the Virginia Tech massacre was committed entirely with handguns. Should handguns be banned too (considering they are used in the majority of homicides by firearm).

Federal law isn't even required for stricter gun control. The 2nd amendment is merely a general right in the constitution and doesn't preclude state governments from passing their own regulations. Why is all the onus on the federal government to solve the problem with legislation that only inflame political divisions? Funnily enough most people tend to love centralised "big government" when it's pushing an agenda they agree with and decry it as fascistic when it isn't. You can't have it both ways in a two faction democracy.

Young lad on CNN talking abut it tha massacre at his school and about how more needs to be done. The top 2 comments :

Name:  DE10B0E7-5453-473A-8D67-8857754F62E9.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  10.7 KB

God bless the USA huh ? ...

Sorry above attachment was tiny... will try again.

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0556.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  92.9 KB

Trump suggesting teachers be trained and tooled up in schools. Going against what he said in 2016...obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Trump suggesting teachers be trained and tooled up in schools. Going against what he said in 2016...obviously.
    Teachers probably have enough on there plate without taking a bullet for their class or hunting down school shooters.

Can’t see that ending well

I though all the schools had a security officer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I though all the schools had a security officer these days.

There was an armed security officer on duty at the school in Florida. Never even saw the shooter.

I'm trying to imagine some of my old teachers having guns. Some of those old guys were f@cking mental. I would have liked to shoot some of them myself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...today-maryland

Been a while since the last one I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...today-maryland

Been a while since the last one I suppose
    There's one or two every day in America.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast