+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Winter Olympics

The Winter Olympics

Anyone been watching? Don Parsons in with a chance do our first medal tomorrow.

Would love to hear the Eurosport presenters commentate on some Blades games.

When Billy scored against Leeds it would have been ‘wowsers! - that’s set the cat amongst the pigeons!’

Good luck Don.

Not seen any of it so far. Although I do enjoy watching the bob sleigh & the ski jumping.
    I remember seeing ski jumping for the first time as a kid watching the black & white pictures from the BBC and thinking that I'd love to have a go at that. Then later as a ****ager we had ski Sunday with David Vine in glorious colour and I still yearned to try it.

It was only when satellite tv first appeared and Eurosport showed a view from the top rather than just the landing area that I quickly changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Anyone been watching? Don Parsons in with a chance do our first medal tomorrow.

Would love to hear the Eurosport presenters commentate on some Blades games.

When Billy scored against Leeds it would have been ‘wowsers! - that’s set the cat amongst the pigeons!’

Good luck Don.

I'm sorry to say the Winter Olympics has left me cold this time. (haw haw)

We watched some of the early skiing and snowboarding, Moguls? wtf. how any of them have cartilidge left in their knees over the age of 21, I just don't know. It all just reminded me of the so called 'extreme' sports, which usually means dicking about turned into a competition, like bmx and skateboarding. Long time since Jean Claude Killy, Franz Klammer, and Eddie the Eagle.

That Captain of our women's Curling team is very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That Captain of our women's Curling team is very pretty
    Eve Muirhead?
    2-handicap golfer too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Eve Muirhead?
    2-handicap golfer too.
    All this curling and golfing, when does she get time to do the cooking, washing ironing and,cleaning?

Bet she has got mucky nets

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    All this curling and golfing, when does she get time to do the cooking, washing ironing and,cleaning?

Bet she has got mucky nets
    Her mucky nets and your mucky thoughts,what a team. UTCB

I've enjoyed what I've seen of it and the best sport I have seen so far is the snow boarding races where 6 start, leg it down the hill on their trays, crashes happen and usually only 1 or 2 finish.

However, everytime I see an IOR athlete I growl - letting Russia in in any form after what they did in Sochi is wrong and makes a mockery of what I had believed the Olympics were all about. They should either be there, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I'm sorry to say the Winter Olympics has left me cold this time. (haw haw)

We watched some of the early skiing and snowboarding, Moguls? wtf. how any of them have cartilidge left in their knees over the age of 21, I just don't know. It all just reminded me of the so called 'extreme' sports, which usually means dicking about turned into a competition, like bmx and skateboarding. Long time since Jean Claude Killy, Franz Klammer, and Eddie the Eagle.
    Absolutely bang on.