+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Leicester City v The Mighty Blades (FA Cup 5th Round)

MATCH DAY POST: Leicester City v The Mighty Blades (FA Cup 5th Round)

Well, after the solid victory against Leeds last Saturday, we're back in cup action with the fifth round visit to Leicester. Really can't see this going well, but if football was that easy to predict then it wouldn't have us all hooked. Anyway, CW should have the lads fired up, with at least a chance of being in the draw for the quarter finals.... OH and OBVIOUSLY live on TV yet again tonight

So...

Any team news?

A definite shuffle of the pack with some cup tied...

Fleck missing through suspension...

Blackman presumably now back at full fitness...

Brooks to definitely feature at some stage?

With one eye still on the up coming league matches which will go a long way to defining our season, main thing is to avoid unnecessary bookings, and obviously any injuries. However I really hope we can give a good account of ourselves and perhaps get the rub of the green. Leicester are a pacey team, and Mahrez starting is not a positive for us. BUT stranger things have happened. Sadly I think the cup run ends here with a 3-1 defeat. And history in the making, to get eliminated by the same team in both cup competitions in the same season....

Anyway safe journey all, and I hope we can sneak a result for the travelling faithful.

UTB

3-1 to United, Magic Jack to finally score ,Swansea in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    3-1 to United, Magic Jack to finally score ,Swansea in the next round.
    I want us to win every game but i can't see owt but a defeat,especially nar i've seen your prediction Blockmod.3-1 to leicester and i think the pigs may well beat Carlosser's mob nar they've turned the corner and are ready to resume their domination of football.UTCB

We recently played a Wolves team that by all accounts are equal to a Prem mid table team,they battered us.

I expect a battering tonite.

But its the Cup and strange things happen in cup games,so i unexpect us to either win 2-2 or win 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    We recently played a Wolves team that by all accounts are equal to a Prem mid table team,they battered us.

I expect a battering tonite.

But its the Cup and strange things happen in cup games,so i unexpect us to either win 2-2 or win 2-3.
    A 2-2 win - great! Pigspeak

Leicester wont turn out anything like a first team tonight. Their eyes are firmly on making sure they stay on the gravy train. We absolutely have a chance, not a golden one, but a chance. If we get a fast start and a goal in the first 10, then attack them, I can see nowt but a comfortable Blades win.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Leicester wont turn out anything like a first team tonight. Their eyes are firmly on making sure they stay on the gravy train. We absolutely have a chance, not a golden one, but a chance. If we get a fast start and a goal in the first 10, then attack them, I can see nowt but a comfortable Blades win.
    I'm not so sure. The FA Cup is their only possible route into Europe next season so I think they might go for it. If they put out a decent squad they should - should - beat us at a canter (I completely agree with Chips' point above), but obviously this is the cup so who knows what'll happen...

We don't need progression in this competition while we look at a play off spot in the league. I expect the lads who play tonight to give a good account of themselves but we'll succumb to Leicester's quality no doubt.

2-1 loss and we focus on a massive home game Tuesday!

no i dont agree with fkb i think leicester will put a strong team out they will want to go further in this competition actually fancy us to score but unfortunately expect them to as well bit negative i know but i think 3 1 leicester

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I think they will personally FKB, they’re pretty much safe but will struggle to make up the points to get into Europe, and it seems their manager got some real stick from fans for getting dumped out of the league cup after fielding a weakened team. Even if they don’t all start I reckon their best players will be in the squad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast