+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Leicester City v The Mighty Blades (FA Cup 5th Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Well done to our second string. Big man in net excellent tonight. Brooks good 45 minutes getting sharper. They troubled us down our right with their pace otherwise we held them for large parts of the game. No injuries, no suspensions on to QPR.
    Can’t fault them really LST. If I’m being picky Carruthers disappeared in the second half and Lundsrum varied from excellent to sloppy but they were only out there out of necessity. We got done by a superb pass and goal from a £25m midfielder and an England striker with 15 Premier goals to his name this season.

Now onto QPR and Dull. 4-6 points will really set us up.

i think we can win both these next 2 games these last 2 games will give us great confidence and belief stearman duffy evans leon and billy back in for tuesday and the boy wonder on bench 3 points and right back in the hunt

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Be happy if he was the new Gray.

Eddie would do

Difference was they had a class goalscorer.
    We have journeymen and I say that with immense respect.
    If we are to achieve promotion next season,assuming we miss the play offs that is the one position we absolutely have to nail. The rest is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Can’t fault them really LST. If I’m being picky Carruthers disappeared in the second half and Lundsrum varied from excellent to sloppy but they were only out there out of necessity. We got done by a superb pass and goal from a £25m midfielder and an England striker with 15 Premier goals to his name this season.

Now onto QPR and Dull. 4-6 points will really set us up.
    problem with Lunny for me is that for every good pass he does, he also does a bad one

but overall tonight, they all played their part

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    problem with Lunny for me is that for every good pass he does, he also does a bad one

but overall tonight, they all played their part
    We actually have a huge problem with our midfield.
    It was oh so simple when it was Coutts-Fleck-Duffy.

Now it's Duffy- Fleck... Lundstrum/Evans/Lendog/Evans.
    No-one is settled and on point bar Fleck.
    Even Duffy is in and out and often subbed at the 70 min point. No wonder we are so off point in the midfield compared to early season.
    Wilder needs to decide his best 3 and stick with them until injury or suspension/loss of form say different.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Difference was they had a class goalscorer.
    We have journeymen and I say that with immense respect.
    If we are to achieve promotion next season,assuming we miss the play offs that is the one position we absolutely have to nail. The rest is fine.
    Agreed mate, it’s got to happen no matter what division we’re in. The ages of our 3 most selected strikers add up to 100 years. I think that says all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Decent effort tonight and gave a good account of ourselves. Leicester had that bit of quality when it counted and Blackman made some good saves.
    If only Lafferty had found a corner rather than Schmeichals left hand we’d have had a draw that wouldn’t have been massively undeserved.
    Maguire was immense for Leicester tonight and our second string grafted and tried, Lindstram the only let down for me as he gave it away and was weak in the tackle.
    No injuries and no suspensions and no hammering against a full strength Leicester side.
    Onwards and upwards.
    It was George that fetched the save out of Schmeichal,as i said on DB's thread i thought we dint win any challenges in midfield and gave the ball away too easily but i thought we played ok.Sean i thought you said we'd walk into the play offs wi the January signings we made? All to play for till the end of the season but as i said previously i think we'll just fail to get into the play offs but we do have a chance no doubt abart it.UTCB

Thought we gave a good account of ourselves against a decent PL side (who was that fat lad they played at CH, the one with the lead boots..?)

Still all to play for in the league. I also think its going to be just too much for us Rod, but football is a funny owd game isn't it?

i think at the minute its 60 40 against us making the play offs however if we win these next 2 games i think we bring it back to 50 50 but we certainly need a minimum of 4 points i share sbts concern about the final third without leons goals were very average in the striker department and it definetly needs addressing next season

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast