+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrews v Millers

I would prefer a natural LB there .But Ikwe did ok second half on Tuesday . Hope Mattock is fit though .

Didn't Shrewsbury used to have a shrew on their badge or am I imagining it?

Now they've got three lions heads on which is very unimaginative, bring back the shrew!

EDIt: Here it is, better than the current one which looks like a sign outside a pub.

Last edited by great_fire; 17-02-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Shrewsbury facts.

People from Shrewsbury and Shropshire are called Salopians after the old name for Shropshire which was Salop.

80% of people from the town say the correct pronunciation is "shroosbury" like the small mouselike mammal.

Contrary to popular belief their old ground "Gay Meadow" was not built on the site of a former homo***ual cruising area.

Shropshire is known for it's beautiful countryside but it is also the home of Telford.

In the film Spinal Tap, which may be the funniest film ever (that or Airplane), during the scene where bass player Derek Smalls has his trousers searched by airport security he is wearing a Shrewsbury Town shirt.

1-1 draw.
    Can't make this one so I'm hoping Pocket rocket gives them a shout for me.

The ground is new meadow but now called Montgomery waters meadow for sponsor purpose (how crap is that)

I’m also going for a draw 2-2 but 3 points would be excellent

Just over a 1,000 sold now .

Any of you staying in same hotel has players? I’ve seen a photo on a FB

Pay on day
    Last edited by millertop; 17-02-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't Shrewsbury used to have a shrew on their badge or am I imagining it?

Now they've got three lions heads on which is very unimaginative, bring back the shrew!

EDIt: Here it is, better than the current one which looks like a sign outside a pub.

Not lions heads and not unimaginative. The heads are "loggerheads" i.e. heads of ogres. French in origin

Would have liked to have gone to this one, but just come away for missus' birthday.
    Just crossed border into Croatia on way to Zagreb, from Budapest.

Another good following for us by looks of things.

I think this will be a toughy, a real test for us.
    A win would be incredible, but I think I'd take any positive result and keep the unbeaten momentum going.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Not lions heads and not unimaginative. The heads are "loggerheads" i.e. heads of ogres. French in origin
    French, that's even worse, I like the shrew.

Mind you the 3 Lions of England were sort of French originally as well, Norman French though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12