+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most improved player

Most improved player

This started out as a season with no expectations but now that has turned into hope. Some of us are even hoping for automatic promotion. The turnaround on the whole has come from the management and coaching staff which happened about the time we were all sure that we needed most of all was a coach for the defenders.
    Not all of it can be put down to them because some players have shown that they are better than the way the'd been playing in the past 18 months.

What player has improved the most for you. Personally I have to choose between Mattock and Vaulks but I think Mattock edges it.

Who for you has improved the most?

Difficult to answer this because several players have improved immeasurably and some continue to do so.
    Rodak, Ajayi, Emmanuel, Mattock, Vaulks, Forde have all come on in leaps and bounds and Smith seems to be improving all the time.
    So, my most improved player is the TEAM!
    Well done Warney et al and please keep up the good work.

Ajayi was good in championship, slow start in L1 but now has got up to what he can do
    Mattock and Newell always had it in them
    Vaulks getting better each game same with Emmanuel
    Towell always had it so did Ball who seemed to slightly struggle in last two games
    Rodak improved some what
    Wood is just Wood
    Smith still got a bit to do

For me (yes I have liked him all the time) Forde is the most improved player and against Oxford was his best game so far, more of it Fordy

Agree with Millertop for once 😉

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Difficult to answer this because several players have improved immeasurably and some continue to do so.
    Rodak, Ajayi, Emmanuel, Mattock, Vaulks, Forde have all come on in leaps and bounds and Smith seems to be improving all the time.
    So, my most improved player is the TEAM!
    Well done Warney et al and please keep up the good work.
    That’s called sitting on the fence.
    Shall we do a thread for weakest link?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Agree with Millertop for once ��
    Who’s is more right than wrong

I think that one of they key things that have led to improvement is the fact that we have now settled on a way of playing which suits the players. Some of this has been because of necessity, keifer's sending off for example. But i believe that the hard work put in in pre season has resulted in a very fit team who have probably had less injuries than in previous years. When you have a settled team players know their role and can work together in little groups.

Most improved for me are Vaulkes,Mattock and Forde. Ironically, 2 of these were signed by Stubbs, which just goes to show that he could spot a player. He just couldn't manage them.

Some good points made in the previous posts.

Emmanuel was not fully fit at the start of the season though (might still not be) and early in the season we were only "getting him fit for Big Mick", according to one well known Millersmadster!

If I had to pick just one player , I'd say Forde
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-02-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That’s called sitting on the fence.
    Shall we do a thread for weakest link?
    He's gone hasn't he? 😉

For me atm i would say Forde. He's always been good defensively but going forward he has improved a hell of a lot. He never had no confidence at taking his man and now he seems to whip past people and his crossing and decision making in the final 3rd have improved alot aswell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast