+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most improved player

Ajayi most disimproved then reimproved player.

If I could I'd choose Warney, he has really grown into the management role and is doing a great job.

But as the thread is limited to players I'm going to go with Vaulks. It's been said elsewhere on the boards this week but future captain right there

Call it scepticism, but maybe the reason everyone looks like they've improved this season is because we're a division lower? We probably still have only 2 or 3 players who could genuinely hack it in the championship. Mattock, Ajayi, maybe Vaulks, maybe Palmer.
    I am absolutely loving what I'm seeing at the moment, it's brilliant to see us competing again and long may it continue.
    But this team would still be bottom 3 in the championship although I don't think it would be struggling as much as we did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Call it scepticism, but maybe the reason everyone looks like they've improved this season is because we're a division lower? We probably still have only 2 or 3 players who could genuinely hack it in the championship. Mattock, Ajayi, maybe Vaulks, maybe Palmer.
    I am absolutely loving what I'm seeing at the moment, it's brilliant to see us competing again and long may it continue.
    But this team would still be bottom 3 in the championship although I don't think it would be struggling as much as we did last season.
    Point taken Hazza but such has Ajayi who was good in championship (my view) struggled at start of league 1, a change in style in both leagues and players have to adjust.

Go up and some might struggle at first or not be good enough but there’s certainly them that can do championship imo it’s just adjusting again

Think the most important thing is that we have improved as a team.

This genuinely looks like a team working for each other, & Warne etc have to take credit for assembling and coaching the way we are going about games.

But to stay on topic, I agree Mattock is better this year, maybe found his level. I would go with Vaulks - he is young enough to keep improving as well.

I think Rodak may turn out to be the best keeper we never signed. We won't be able to afford him, but he'll be premier league one day.
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 16-02-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: sticky fingers - good album

Can't agree mattock is a championship player. He had 2 seasons with us in it and I bet none can recall a motm type performance.. infact wasn't it mattock who got motm once and the crowd just groaned

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Can't agree mattock is a championship player. He had 2 seasons with us in it and I bet none can recall a motm type performance.. infact wasn't it mattock who got motm once and the crowd just groaned

I don’t think he got a MOTM from sponsors last season but I take no notice of them.

How many gave a MOTM performance last season?

So you don’t think any have improved?

I'll keep it simple....Vaulkes!

I will say Forde like a few others on this thread.

His confidence has really come on leaps and bounds and he has shown he has some real quality in the locker in the last couple of months. I think the best thing that sums up his improvement is going past his man to put it on a plate for Smith against Oxford. Great work down the right hand side!

One of the first men on the team sheet for me now- keep it up Fordey!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t think he got a MOTM from sponsors last season but I take no notice of them.

How many gave a MOTM performance last season?

So you don’t think any have improved?
    I don't listen to sponsor when it's motm I was saying mattock didn't put in a motm performance

There were plenty of motm performance last season. Just because the results were poor doesn't mean the players were always poor.
    Brown at brum. He was a nightmare and unplayable. Ward was just as good in that game
    Ward at, think it was Norwich. Vaulks Vs Derby at NYS. He did two crunching tackles that resulted in two subs for opposition think he dropped to RB in that game I'm sure frecks, ajayi, O'Donnell had some good games which I can't name without a little googling

None of our players have improved from last season as they were decent players then. But Butt If I had to choose one it would be ajayi. Not because he's got better simply because he's adapted to league one after a poor start..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast