+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concern for the future of te club

The clubs official statement says the police have cleared them, so can compensation claims be made against a club that in the police's eye's has been found not guilty of any wrong doing?

Also, as is being reported, that it was common knowledge at the club, how come no boys who were never abused have come forward and said they knew something, you think they would have picked up on it, how come none of these boys parents have come forward, and most importantly for me, the boys who were abused, how come none of their parents were able to pick up on it? You do not think its because the vile Bennell was actually a master predator who kept his tracks really well hidden and ruled by fear, like me you do not actually think the club are not guilty, just like the police say, for a second time, or even a third time if you count Woodwards failed compensation claim in 2002?

Why are Dan Roan of the BBC and Daniel Taylor of the Guardian deleting tweets from Alex fans asking them for a reaction to the FULL statement the club released, they seem to cheery pick only parts of this statement. Also, is it possible the BBC posted the Lord Whatshisface article not expecting the statement from the Alex, not least the content regarding the police giving the club the all clear, and this Hamilton Smith stuff, he could be in serious trouble as I cannot imagine the club would release such a strong statement like they did without it being verified for it's content.

I have stated before that I was with the parents of a boy who was on that American trip at the time he was arrested and they could not believe it which shows how clever he was.
    Steve Walters father was a coach at this time and though it is possible Walters was too frightened to say something surely his dad would have picked up on something.
    The Guardian have a story here and are not going to allow any opposite views to ruin it.
    Did Woodwards case in 2002 go to court or was it that the police rejected it?

It went to Court and they ruled that there was no evidence to show that the Alex knew what was going on. Does the double jeopardy rule apply? Can't be be tried twice for the same offence?

In all my 40+ years following the Alex, I don’t think I have ever felt so low as I do today.

We’ve had so many ups and downs in that time and the large majority have been downs – multiple re-elections, defeats to Altrincham and Mossley (and more recently the likes of Telford, Tamworth and Eastleigh) in the FA Cup, losing a 3-goal lead to Scarborough in the last 5 minutes, being thumped at home by Coventry, spiralling down the leagues after 8 of 9 seasons in English Football’s 2nd tier, that game at Morecambe in 2010 – and the apparent financial mismanagement of a certain individual!!

But I love football and I love my team – and supporting a club the size of Crewe you grow to expect those sort of things. But we have always had a habit of bouncing back in one form or another!

What we face today though is on a different scale. We are confronted with a huge mountain to climb, not just on the pitch but off it too! Some may say insurmountable this time, a bridge too far, and if all that is being reported in the press in the last few days does really bear fruit, well, I genuinely fear that could spell, if not the end, then a continuation of the recent decline with no immediate about-turn in sight!!

Ironic that on my latest visit to GR last Saturday, I was saying to my friends and colleagues that I think it is probably one of the cleanest places in the EFL. I might have to redefine what I mean by clean.

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, of that I am sure! Question is – how much worse? – and how much worse can the club take?

Dark days indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    In all my 40+ years following the Alex, I don’t think I have ever felt so low as I do today.

We’ve had so many ups and downs in that time and the large majority have been downs – multiple re-elections, defeats to Altrincham and Mossley (and more recently the likes of Telford, Tamworth and Eastleigh) in the FA Cup, losing a 3-goal lead to Scarborough in the last 5 minutes, being thumped at home by Coventry, spiralling down the leagues after 8 of 9 seasons in English Football’s 2nd tier, that game at Morecambe in 2010 – and the apparent financial mismanagement of a certain individual!!

But I love football and I love my team – and supporting a club the size of Crewe you grow to expect those sort of things. But we have always had a habit of bouncing back in one form or another!

What we face today though is on a different scale. We are confronted with a huge mountain to climb, not just on the pitch but off it too! Some may say insurmountable this time, a bridge too far, and if all that is being reported in the press in the last few days does really bear fruit, well, I genuinely fear that could spell, if not the end, then a continuation of the recent decline with no immediate about-turn in sight!!

Ironic that on my latest visit to GR last Saturday, I was saying to my friends and colleagues that I think it is probably one of the cleanest places in the EFL. I might have to redefine what I mean by clean.

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, of that I am sure! Question is – how much worse? – and how much worse can the club take?

Dark days indeed!
    Well written there mate and goes to the heart, yes and soul of our club that I like you and many more have seen the ups and downs of our team over the decades and over 60 years for me and so do fear for the future and although we spout about our differences on things like the academy etc, this is a brand new ball game, sorry for the pun..

It's actually difficult to see the end of this in short space of time because the legal consequences may take years and years and it all somehow drains the lifeblood of the club and us fans alike. It's not like starting afresh next season with a clean slate even if that be non league and God knows how this is going to affect our on field performances until the end of the season. It's possible for it to bring out the best of the players and management to show their resolve in difficult if not impossible odds and start to get the points needed. OTOH? Well, I daren't think about that tbh...Maybe tomorrow will give us a clue?

I have to say I'm feeling pretty down and I don't go to many matches either..But I love this club through and through!

I feel like you Somerset and Mike but !!!
    Tomorrow let's forget it, the manager and players have nothing to do with this. Let's (just reminded me to put my ST in pocket so I don't forget it) all go tomorrow and really get behind the team. Let's cheer everything, passes corners players trying, free kicks
    No booing at all even if we are behind.
    Cheer everything, applaud the lot. Get everybody you know to come..........yes even the wife and Mike especially you. (not having a go) your club needs you. AL fetch your mates. AS I know it's a trek but try

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I feel like you Somerset and Mike but !!!
    Tomorrow let's forget it, the manager and players have nothing to do with this. Let's (just reminded me to put my ST in pocket so I don't forget it) all go tomorrow and really get behind the team. Let's cheer everything, passes corners players trying, free kicks
    No booing at all even if we are behind.
    Cheer everything, applaud the lot. Get everybody you know to come..........yes even the wife and Mike especially you. (not having a go) your club needs you. AL fetch your mates. AS I know it's a trek but try

COYR
    That is a great rallying cry my friend and I will certainly do my best to get to the game tomorrow and will cheer everything even a back pass by Ainley! Let the main stand rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Never thought the day would come and I am now extremely concerned for my welfare, but I find myself in agreement with Itwasin about Citeh's involvement with him before he sullied our club. It wouldn't surprise me if Public liability insurance covered any compensation payments. I don't know of course, so please no one jump down my throat
    According to an insurance broker friend of mine, no such cover exists for this kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    That is a great rallying cry my friend and I will certainly do my best to get to the game tomorrow and will cheer everything even a back pass by Ainley! Let the main stand rock!
    Welcome aboard Mike. Our club needs us all behind it now more than ever.

My wife and I both are season ticket holders will be there today and backing the team verbally. What an opportunity for the club to reduce prices for all paying fans to say £5 to try and fill the ground for one of the next home games. This will send out a strong message to all the doom merchants that the club is alive and still moving forward

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast