Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
In all my 40+ years following the Alex, I don’t think I have ever felt so low as I do today.

We’ve had so many ups and downs in that time and the large majority have been downs – multiple re-elections, defeats to Altrincham and Mossley (and more recently the likes of Telford, Tamworth and Eastleigh) in the FA Cup, losing a 3-goal lead to Scarborough in the last 5 minutes, being thumped at home by Coventry, spiralling down the leagues after 8 of 9 seasons in English Football’s 2nd tier, that game at Morecambe in 2010 – and the apparent financial mismanagement of a certain individual!!

But I love football and I love my team – and supporting a club the size of Crewe you grow to expect those sort of things. But we have always had a habit of bouncing back in one form or another!

What we face today though is on a different scale. We are confronted with a huge mountain to climb, not just on the pitch but off it too! Some may say insurmountable this time, a bridge too far, and if all that is being reported in the press in the last few days does really bear fruit, well, I genuinely fear that could spell, if not the end, then a continuation of the recent decline with no immediate about-turn in sight!!

Ironic that on my latest visit to GR last Saturday, I was saying to my friends and colleagues that I think it is probably one of the cleanest places in the EFL. I might have to redefine what I mean by clean.

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, of that I am sure! Question is – how much worse? – and how much worse can the club take?

Dark days indeed!
Well written there mate and goes to the heart, yes and soul of our club that I like you and many more have seen the ups and downs of our team over the decades and over 60 years for me and so do fear for the future and although we spout about our differences on things like the academy etc, this is a brand new ball game, sorry for the pun..

It's actually difficult to see the end of this in short space of time because the legal consequences may take years and years and it all somehow drains the lifeblood of the club and us fans alike. It's not like starting afresh next season with a clean slate even if that be non league and God knows how this is going to affect our on field performances until the end of the season. It's possible for it to bring out the best of the players and management to show their resolve in difficult if not impossible odds and start to get the points needed. OTOH? Well, I daren't think about that tbh...Maybe tomorrow will give us a clue?

I have to say I'm feeling pretty down and I don't go to many matches either..But I love this club through and through!