+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concern for the future of te club

Concern for the future of te club

Not only have we got to be realistic that relegation is a possibility this season due to very poor performances on the field we also have to look at the long term future of the club . The ownership and the direction that the owner wants to take the club in is as clear as mud. I would say the direction will be a financial one for him and not a football one. The club has been split into 3 seperate companies and the share price has dramatically increased. being a cynic is this anything to do with HS2 possibly wanting to purchase our assets ie the ground. Remember Chester FC had the ground sold from beneath them by their owners so a retail park could be built and the football league insisted that a new ground had to be built and they got a breezeblock stadium for a new ground and Port Vale bought the newly erected stand for their ground. The same could happen to us. Then we have to deal with the fallout from the Benell incident as a club. Not only about Benell but the role our board played at this time and some of the directors are still on the board and the media will be asking searching questions and wanting to see minutes from board meetings around this time. Then we have to consider sponsors would they want to be associated with our club after Benell has been found guilty as our name could be toxic in football. There has been criticism that our commercial department is not supporting our sponsors enough and that some may not renew their association with the club. Young upcoming players are not signing extended contracts as they used to do in years past so there is a message there to the club that all is not well behind the scenes.All in all as a club we are in a big mess and I feel that there will be more attention heaped on the club in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Not only have we got to be realistic that relegation is a possibility this season due to very poor performances on the field we also have to look at the long term future of the club . The ownership and the direction that the owner wants to take the club in is as clear as mud. I would say the direction will be a financial one for him and not a football one. The club has been split into 3 seperate companies and the share price has dramatically increased. being a cynic is this anything to do with HS2 possibly wanting to purchase our assets ie the ground. Remember Chester FC had the ground sold from beneath them by their owners so a retail park could be built and the football league insisted that a new ground had to be built and they got a breezeblock stadium for a new ground and Port Vale bought the newly erected stand for their ground. The same could happen to us. Then we have to deal with the fallout from the Benell incident as a club. Not only about Benell but the role our board played at this time and some of the directors are still on the board and the media will be asking searching questions and wanting to see minutes from board meetings around this time. Then we have to consider sponsors would they want to be associated with our club after Benell has been found guilty as our name could be toxic in football. There has been criticism that our commercial department is not supporting our sponsors enough and that some may not renew their association with the club. Young upcoming players are not signing extended contracts as they used to do in years past so there is a message there to the club that all is not well behind the scenes.All in all as a club we are in a big mess and I feel that there will be more attention heaped on the club in the coming weeks.
    Yes, many concerns there. I was wondering if anyone was going to post about Bennell now he has been found guilty on many counts and our club name being splashed all over the national newspapers and that one Crewe board member reported these concerns to the FA back then and yet nothing happened. So in addition to the on field results there could be large compensation payouts by the clubs mentioned in this abuse and wonder if that wouldn't cause us to go under just on that basis? Will there be any board members resigning before they may become liable for payments but as you said, selling the ground would be an option.

I'm not sure about HS2 as things keep changing as the hub now is not being built with the trains stopping at the existing station and so can't see our ground being affected but you never know.

Nobody has mentioned the Fans Forum next week yet?

FA Enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Agree someone is telling Lies who do you believe Hamilton Smith or the Club? The FA will be looking for a scapegoat in all this mess,and someones head will be on the chopping block at the club for sure! you can bet the minutes of that board meeting by now would have gone missing!but lets hope NH business are doing ok so he can find the millions needed for the compensation claims that are mounting by the day to arrive at Gresty Road,could all end up in Administration of the club if not that the Academy at least should go.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Agree someone is telling Lies who do you believe Hamilton Smith or the Club? The FA will be looking for a scapegoat in all this mess,and someones head will be on the chopping block at the club for sure! you can bet the minutes of that board meeting by now would have gone missing!but lets hope NH business are doing ok so he can find the millions needed for the compensation claims that are mounting by the day to arrive at Gresty Road,could all end up in Administration of the club if not that the Academy at least should go.
    I suspect the club can forget Ainsley signing an extension now and possibly more will do the same and so the the time for the academy is about up at least in its existing form...The Board should have seen this coming some time ago but it's their money, not mine..

The onfield problems pale into insignificance when you consider the points raised in the two above responses. if compensation is due to the victims who has to pay it, the club or the current directors. If its the club then we can see the academy going or being downgraded.Non league football would be a more cheaper option to run the club as attendances would fall as well as commercial income.
    It is time for the club to be honest with us all as we are in a big mess and we need answers . I understand that there will be legal matters that need to be considered but we need to be informed if the club has a plan for example is the club is relegated. The media storm has started now the the court case is at an end and will only intensify over the coming weeks

First of all let me put on record, as a supporter of 55 years standing how utterly appalled, ashamed, embarassed and saddened I am by all that has transpired over the last year or so and my heart goes out to all of the victims and families. I am going to carry on with my support but feel like we are being fobbed off with general statements, etc. I feel that the press or whoever will keep digging and won't stop until they feel like it. Dario's suspension, will the FA ever enlighten us? Another question from a completely mercenary point of view. With regards to compensation could the "club" avoid possible pay outs because we are not the same company as we were in the 80's and 90's with all of the reorganising of the separate companies, etc. , and indeed if so morally should they do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    First of all let me put on record, as a supporter of 55 years standing how utterly appalled, ashamed, embarassed and saddened I am by all that has transpired over the last year or so and my heart goes out to all of the victims and families. I am going to carry on with my support but feel like we are being fobbed off with general statements, etc. I feel that the press or whoever will keep digging and won't stop until they feel like it. Dario's suspension, will the FA ever enlighten us? Another question from a completely mercenary point of view. With regards to compensation could the "club" avoid possible pay outs because we are not the same company as we were in the 80's and 90's with all of the reorganising of the separate companies, etc. , and indeed if so morally should they do so?
    I think the only way out for Crewe is that City knew of his past and present before he came to Crewe and never passed the information on to forearm the Alex so maybe City could pay any compensation awarded against Crewe, I mean they would not miss a couple of Millions and see a poor club like Crewe wind up would they?

I think the only way out for Crewe is that City knew of his past and present before he came to Crewe and never passed the information on to forearm the Alex so maybe City could pay any compensation awarded against Crewe, I mean they would not miss a couple of Millions and see a poor club like Crewe wind up would they?
    This BBC release doesn't make things any better..Crewe brushed scandal under the carpet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38632026

One man (You will know his name) has come forward to say he was abused while at Crewe when Bennell worked here and so it's hard to see how the club are going to escape large compensation claims and it's possible that could cause the club to go into administration if they can't find the money. The legal fees so far must be quite high, being the club are conducting their own investigations too..I wonder why that is taking so long since 2016?

One question always comes to mind is why none of these kids couldn't bring themselves to tell their parents about the abuse that may well have stopped hundreds more but it's understandable why they were reluctant to do so... But that shouldn't distract from the crimes this man committed. Nobody knows yet how all this will affect the kids now at these academies including here at Crewe and whether parents will stop taking them along without them being present?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 16-02-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    This BBC release doesn't make things any better..Crewe brushed scandal under the carpet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38632026

One man (You will know his name) has come forward to say he was abused while at Crewe when Bennell worked here and so it's hard to see how the club are going to escape large compensation claims and it's possible that could cause the club to go into administration if they can't find the money. The legal fees so far must be quite high, being the club are conducting their own investigations too..I wonder why that is taking so long since 2016?

One question always comes to mind is why none of these kids couldn't bring themselves to tell their parents about the abuse that may well have stopped hundreds more but it's understandable why they were reluctant to do so... But that shouldn't distract from the crimes this man committed. Nobody knows yet how all this will affect the kids now at these academies including here at Crewe and whether parents will stop taking them along without them being present?
    Apparently reported in the Guardian this week Crewe have not done an enquiry into yet after 15 months,they were advised to wait until the case was over! But at least I know now how SWalters got into the 1st team and also his father worked at the club also? So he was not going to say anything,its a big problem at Crewe to much clickety click and it still goes on today

Never thought the day would come and I am now extremely concerned for my welfare, but I find myself in agreement with Itwasin about Citeh's involvement with him before he sullied our club. It wouldn't surprise me if Public liability insurance covered any compensation payments. I don't know of course, so please no one jump down my throat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast