+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Morais announced

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd prefer nine
    Well Id be delighted with 6 to be honest, two wins from those three games would be a good start. Who knows what a little run of wins might do to our confidence, but we do need to get some winning mentality back again, thats obvious.

Definitely Acido there are definitely nine matches where we'd like to take some points.

What we have here is the classic all singing all dancing CV , it reminds me of the one's the contestants on The Apprentice present during the episode when they are subjected to a series of tough interviews and grilled on their claims to own such a wondeful document , they are quickly sussed out and by the end of the programme their claims aren't worth the paper they are typed on .

Much the same as our new Head Coach .

The assistant roles at Inter Milan , Real Madrid and Chelsea will no doubt appear in bold type , even a cheeky Champions League title thrown in for good measure .

The early roles at Stade Tunisien , Al Hazm and Santa Clara probably not highlighted quite so much , learning his trade right !!! .

However let's crunch the numbers on his most recent Head Coach roles , a grand total of 68 games covering 4 clubs , his last two jobs at Antalyasphor and AEK Athens yielded a win ratio of 32% and 21% respectively , still impressed by the Inter Milan and Real Madrid roles now ? .his win ratio of 73% at Esperance covered 19 games and his 7 games in charge of Al Shabab yielded 73% .

So apparently this extraordinary CV gives him the opportunity to Head Coach a championship club in England deep in relegation trouble with 14 games left to play .

You'll have to excuse my lack of cartwheels after looking into his CV in more depth .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 16-02-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What we have here is the classic all singing all dancing CV , it reminds me of the one's the contestants on The Apprentice present during the episode when they are subjected to a series of tough interviews and grilled on their claims to own such a wondeful document , they are quickly sussed out and by the end of the programme their claims aren't worth the paper they are typed on .

Much the same as our new Head Coach .

The assistant roles at Inter Milan , Real Madrid and Chelsea will no doubt appear in bold type , even a cheeky Champions League title thrown in for good measure .

The early roles at Stade Tunisien , Al Hazm and Santa Clara probably not highlighted quite so much , learning his trade right !!! .

However let's crunch the numbers on his most recent Head Coach roles , a grand total of 68 games covering 4 clubs , his last two jobs at Antalyasphor and AEK Athens yielded a win ratio of 32% and 21% respectively , still impressed by the Inter Milan and Real Madrid roles now ? .his win ratio of 73% at Esperance covered 19 games and his 7 games in charge of Al Shabab yielded 73% .

So apparently this extraordinary CV gives him the opportunity to Head Coach a championship club in England deep in relegation trouble with 14 games left to play .

You'll have to excuse my lack of cartwheels after crunching his CV .
    You'll have to accept it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    You'll have to accept it mate
    I'll give him a go steve and wish him well , he'll need it .

I think it is a bold appointment, a bit leftfield, but bold.

I've seen many a superstar in assistant managerial roles in the workplace , rising star , this lads going places etc etc .

Many fall flat on their @ss when there's nobody left to do the thinking for em and they have full responsibility .

We will see of course and skip his efforts on his own thus far .

Am worried abart how little time he spends at each club weer he is actually in charge and not scouting or purrin the cones out. Izzee being farnd art after a few months at these clubs ? My bullsh1tter alarm bell is ringing.

Iffiz that good why weren't European clubs all ovva him to gerrim on board second heyf of 2017/ early 2018 ? Wazzee waiting fo the Barnsley job to come up ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-02-2018 at 04:28 PM.

I seem to remember Notts County went down this route a few years ago when they were struggling in Lg One, and they appointed some unknown called Ricardo Moniz late on in the season in a desperate effort to keep them up. He didnt though, and he was sacked later on that year while struggling in Lg Two!!.

Now theres no telling what this new bloke will do for us as we've already said every single appointment can be looked at as a gamble. But I think its a bold positive statement from our owners and I like the idea of us moving away from the 'within' ideas which were becomming stale.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Why izzit a "bold positive statement" Acido ?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast