+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Smith

Michael Smith

Goal Ace? Yes 3 out of 4 starts is impressive but he has a long way to go before being called an Ace.

What I like about 'Smudge' is his athleticism to get in areas and get where the ball is going to land for such a big lad.

It is a good point made that certain players just seem to click when they move to the right club and this is just one of those scenarios and long may it continue. The conundrum comes when Proctor is back and raring to go. I feel by then we will have a great strong solid forward line. Who does Warne choose then?

Things are going exceptionally well for Smith and I bet he's loving his football at the moment. 26 a good age and probably in his prime about now. Great times ahead for Smith and RUFC? Watch this space......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Goal Ace? Yes 3 out of 4 starts is impressive but he has a long way to go before being called an Ace.

What I like about 'Smudge' is his athleticism to get in areas and get where the ball is going to land for such a big lad.
    If Forde and Newell keep supplying him with good crosses and passes he should get us a few more goals. especially with those runs at the "far-post". Good old-fashioned centre-forward's instincts from Smith.

Totally agree of your assessment of him.

He’s this seasons revell, but braver. Puts his head & body on the line an doesn’t moan about it. Long may it continue. Bet the bury supporters are thinking, what’s goin on ere!

Simple maths, put the service to him and he will score. Like Mike said, he’s an old fashioned out and out centre forward who feeds off crosses. Obviously something Bury we’re incapable of delivering to him.

Just been listening to Radio DeeDah. Nowt much about the Millers (as usual). The George Hirszzzzzzzt saga continues though. Sounds like the player is in the middle of a tug-of-war with SWFC on one side and his dad and his agent on the other, squabbling about the contract details , loan fees, who gets a cut of what, etc. Glad now that we didn't get bogged down in all that, and went ahead and signed Smith , as we could have ended up wasting a lot of time, effort and money.

'Smudger' reminds me of Dave Gwyther.

Cut his arms off at the elbow lol & referees wouldn't be penalising him so much.
    Let's hope for a few more goals from him in the next four games at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Just been listening to Radio DeeDah. Nowt much about the Millers (as usual). The George Hirszzzzzzzt saga continues though. Sounds like the player is in the middle of a tug-of-war with SWFC on one side and his dad and his agent on the other, squabbling about the contract details , loan fees, who gets a cut of what, etc. Glad now that we didn't get bogged down in all that, and went ahead and signed Smith , as we could have ended up wasting a lot of time, effort and money.
    I think if he had game time it would be easier to convince him to re sign for them

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    'Smudger' reminds me of Dave Gwyther.

Cut his arms off at the elbow lol & referees wouldn't be penalising him so much.
    Let's hope for a few more goals from him in the next four games at least.
    If he gets any where near as good has Dave Gwyther I well be very happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast