+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dimas Assistant Head Coach

Dimas Assistant Head Coach

49-year-old former Portuguese international joins Oakwell coaching staff.

Barnsley Football Club are delighted to confirm that following the appointment of José Morais as the Club’s new Head Coach, Dimas has joined as assistant.

Dimas turns 49 today [Friday 16th February] and joins the Reds on an 18-month contract to work alongside Morais, whom he accompanied to Oakwell for the recent Sky Bet Championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

The former Benfica, Juventus, Fenerbache, Sporting CP and Marseille man will add a further wealth of experience from the highest of levels to the coaching staff with over 400 senior appearances to his name.

As well as all of the European exposure, Dimas has also made close to half a century of appearances for the Portuguese national side adding further knowledge and seeing a different part of the game, having played alongside players such as Luis Figo.

Dimas starts immediately at Oakwell and has participated in taking training already, getting to know the new squad.

I never knew Benfica , Juventus , Marseille and the Portuguese national side fought championship relegation battles .

Joao Cunha joins the Reds as Physical Coach and becomes another member of José Morais staff!

Hes got some pedigree then has Dimas (or Bob as Im now going to call him lol), it sounds like they are acting quickly in bringing in all the staff Morais wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hes got some pedigree then has Dimas (or Bob as Im now going to call him lol), it sounds like they are acting quickly in bringing in all the staff Morais wanted.
    Iz bringin in all iz mates Acido.

Goathair and Jimmy are being well and truly pillaked here.

Give em' chance Animal. I'm sure they'll give it their best. Just gunna get behind em'. Hoping rather than expecting they keep us up. 15 games int much. I think I can muster up the effort.

This season been one of my worst watching Barnsley because I think our best 11 is and was good enough.