+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Arfield popular

he would get his chance if SD thought he was good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The brilliant recruitment team eh BT
    You are like a shark that attacks at the first smell of blood Alto!

Attachment 8623

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not about shaming them IDWT but I don't think Walters, Wells, Westwood, Marney and Vokes are good enough for a team with aspirations of breaking into the top half of the EPL on a regular basis. I was going to include Ulvestad in the list but I had forgotten he has already gone, which sort of justifies my opinion.
    Agreed BT but as previously you would have to include Arfield on your list, posted previously he has been good for us but our situation isn't the same as it was a couple of seasons ago.

By that I mean , this year we are looking like a team who can survive at this level, however over the last 10 weeks we have been tested to the limit with a injury strewn squad ( it isn't big enough and we don't have quality in depth).

The sentimental attachment to players has to go out of the window this is about being progressive IMO anyway and if you don't move with it you will get left behind.

As for the comment on another post for Arfield above Hendrick I'm not sure tbh about that neither really has enough pace but Hendrick has size and strength where as Scotty has skill and an eye for goal. ( away at Liverpool this season Arfield scored a great goal but then contributed nothing after that - however many would forget the other 75 minutes because of the goal) I think that happens in a lot of games for Scott tbh , whereas Hendrick contributes, all be it workmanlike and without frills etc but gets slated because he doesn't score or contribute enough going forward.

I'm with some of the others on Wells tbh he hasn't really had enough of a chance to put a stamp on a single game so I'll hold judgement on him

Wells looks like a lightweight in a heavyweight division to me.

If we ain't going to play him, why did we buy him?

I said I didn't see Hendrick doing much that Arfield couldn't do army, but just to be clear, I think we need better than both now.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The brilliant recruitment team eh BT
    You are like a shark that attacks at the first smell of blood Alto!
    Not an attack, but an observation, like everyone else, if I feel there is a weak link in our Club I will question it, always thought our recruitment team was ponderous and not all there, in short iffy, yet you seemed to disagree with me, now you say " I have long supposed that Wells was forced on Dyche by Dave Baldwin" which makes my iffy statement more plausible.

Wells looks like a lightweight in a heavyweight division to me.

If we ain't going to play him, why did we buy him?
    --Or Walters or Westwood. And the loan of Georges-Kévin
    Nkoudou who is not for sale at any price?! Good try Spurs.

We often have to wait so long for new blood and then it arrives....

I think Westwood has always done fine when he has been asked and feels like he is happy to wait his chance. Again if we find better that's progress.

Walters and Wells I dont think we have seen enough to judge. N'Koudu felt a bit like a gamble that we probably wouldn't have taken if we knew then for certain we were getting Aaron Lennon. We were light on creativity and I think SD needed something in. May turn out to be a very good player but it feels like he has a long way to go.

Weirdly I am glad that we have Marney back in the fold and I don't mean that in any derogatory way - he just seems to provide that threat even to our own players in the same way that Joey did. I.e pull your weight or **** off!

Maybe we should send Naki to Norfolk- Wells Next to the Sea 😀

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Maybe we should send Naki to Norfolk- Wells Next to the Sea 
    I love Wells Next sea ..some fantastic beaches at the end of the small train ride .. Might visit it again this year sometime..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)