+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Arfield popular

Scott Arfield popular

A PL club was asked for £8m for him on last day of transfer window but could now go to Rangers for free. I presume we aren’t offering a long enough contract, but we must want him asking so much.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/16...rfield-for-fr/

Tops a list of 30 out of contract in the Mail

Arfield has 70% shot accuracy, higher than both Mesut Ozil and Kevin De Bruyne

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz57IX4HiGb
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-02-2018 at 06:40 PM.

He's been a great player for us and scored some ***** and still can fill in if required..No desrespect to Scotty,but At the end of the day I think if we are looking for improvement we need to better our playing staff and let Scotty go.. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up..

Great if he would stay as a squad player, but I reckon he won't get much game time when our squad are fully fit again.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He's been a great player for us and scored some ***** and still can fill in if required..No desrespect to Scotty,but At the end of the day I think if we are looking for improvement we need to better our playing staff and let Scotty go.. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up..
    There are a number of other players I would let go before Scotty.

I think it is on Scott's radar to return to Scotland and have a couple of seasons with the Gers.

Whatever he decides, I wish him well.

Attachment 8615

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think it is on Scott's radar to return to Scotland and have a couple of seasons with the Gers.

Whatever he decides, I wish him well.
    That must mean a big salary drop but I can see the attraction of playing in Europe and nearer home for probably longer than he would with us.
    Hope he stays, but he came on a free and has been excellent for us.

Rangers average salary is £325k a year or £6k a week. That’s half of Celtics wages and 4 times more than most other SP teams. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ealed-11596087
    Last edited by oldcolner; 19-02-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    There are a number of other players I would let go before Scotty.
    Would you like to share with the rest of the class....

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Would you like to share with the rest of the class....
    Certainly, IDWT.

Although if you had read my previous posts on this type of issue you would have seen a degree of consistency in my thought processes.

Not in any order of preference but here goes:-

Marney; Westwood; Walters with Wells and Vokes further possibilities.

Vokes is in there only because we have three similar forwards and if none of them go there will be no changes for next year and we do need a bit of variety up there.

I still don't think Wells has been given a fair crack of the whip to see what he's capable of..

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Certainly, IDWT.

Although if you had read my previous posts on this type of issue you would have seen a degree of consistency in my thought processes.

Not in any order of preference but here goes:-

Marney; Westwood; Walters with Wells and Vokes further possibilities.

Vokes is in there only because we have three similar forwards and if none of them go there will be no changes for next year and we do need a bit of variety up there.
    we dont have time to trawl through all your previous posts BH- so for ease of reference you should repeat what you said previously
    Are you looking for squad players or starters ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)