+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Taxi for me

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Ahh, the good old goading the poster into a response.

Well here it is.

If I get banned so be it.

But that won't solve the blatant bullying on here will it?

Ask your moderator, he can see it.
    Not sure if I’m on my own here but I wish the Mods would grow a pair and kick you off these boards. Time after time you ruin good threads by sparking stupid petty arguments that just descend in to a slanging match. Life’s too short tbh fella for this boll@x.

No wonder some former posters no longer bother. It’s a great shame as there’s some good folks on here but as the Mods don’t bother to do anything I’m getting to a point where I just can’t be bothered myself tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    No one need respond to i'm top man either, who clearly has issues with Albion, and who's football knowledge is limited to the last 10 years.

I’ve come to realise that ImTopMan is actually quite funny.

His p I s s taking is not just aimed at us,he goes onto loads of other forums and winds people up but never in a vicious way.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve come to realise that ImTopMan is actually quite funny.

His p I s s taking is not just aimed at us,he goes onto loads of other forums and winds people up but never in a vicious way.
    I agree...he's no worse than our boys that go on the Vile board and wind them up...when you are on your hands and knees there is always someone willing to slip you a crippler...

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Not sure if I’m on my own here but I wish the Mods would grow a pair and kick you off these boards. Time after time you ruin good threads by sparking stupid petty arguments that just descend in to a slanging match. Life’s too short tbh fella for this boll@x.

No wonder some former posters no longer bother. It’s a great shame as there’s some good folks on here but as the Mods don’t bother to do anything I’m getting to a point where I just can’t be bothered myself tbh.
    I would be reluctant to ban anyone for stuff i have done myself, especially as a ban could be a blanket one. It's up to people if they respond or not.
    They can only ruin a thread if you let them, and i will start deleting petty arguments on football threads.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post

No, you’re not on your own Stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I would be reluctant to ban anyone for stuff i have done myself, especially as a ban could be a blanket one. It's up to people if they respond or not.
    They can only ruin a thread if you let them, and i will start deleting petty arguments on football threads.
    “People will only ruin a thread if you let them’? Really? You can’t stop them which is why so many good threads have been ruined. How often have we had good threads only for a post designed to start an argument do just that and then watch the whole thread descend in to a tit for tat row?

Please excuse the utter waffle which is about to follow. If easily bored or just not bothered with what I have to type then click away now, I fully acknowledge it's extremely long winded and I promise I won’t be the least bit offended.

I’m generally more easy going and neutral on this forum than I am in the ‘real world’. If I have anything to say I’d much rather it were said to a person’s face than from hidden behind a keyboard and screen. Be it due to geographical location or the convenience of match day circumstance this is clearly not always possible. Either way I try to be inoffensive when posting as I don’t see the need to abuse or overtly belittle others online, easy and gratifying though it may be in the short term at least.

I may at times inadvertently offend through what others deem inappropriate language or humour. To those I say a polite and respectful ‘tough’. It’s an internet based football forum where grown men do on occasions act in ways which appear childish to others. There are those who may not understand or appreciate my sense of humour. There will also be those who do, but don't really care for my observations. If so then I’m guilty as charged.

Some people/posters can act with respect and decency within the parameters of an online community. Although I’m genuinely not one to judge, others clearly find this challenging. Further to this some people/posters simply don’t give a toss what anybody else thinks, as is their prerogative. Fine by me I suppose, I choose to post on here and read from these pages. If it ever becomes a chore to do so I simply won’t bother.

There are times when I laugh out loud at the observations of others as in many cases they’re genuinely hilarious. At others I shake my head with incredulity at some of the genuine sewage which passes for opinion, ‘informed’ or otherwise. We don’t necessarily realise what we’ll find tedious or offensive until we read it though, yet there are certain posters who clearly couldn’t get along in any circumstance. On this point nobody is duty bound to read or respond to the posts of others.

For those who find it offensive to read the thoughts of certain contributors but who wish to continue reading the forum; or those who find it too challenging to interact with restraint in an adult manner, the site provides a wonderful option known as an ‘ignore list’.

To engage said ‘ignore list’ simply:

• log on
    • go to the ‘Settings’ bar at the top right of the web page
    • scroll down to ‘Edit Ignore List’
    • click on ‘Edit Ignore List’
    • go to the box titled ‘Ignore List’ and ‘Add a member to your Ignore List’
    • simply type the name of the irritating fkwhit whom you wish to ‘ignore’
    • then press the ‘Okay’ option

Although I have never employed and never intend to employ the ‘ignore list’, it took less time to work the process out than it did to type the seven bullet points above, and I am not ‘tech savvy’ either. It really is very simple and I’d imagine you’d only be able to see posts from those whom you’d chosen to ‘ignore’ if they were quoted, but don’t quote me on that . From my own perspective use of the ‘ignore list’ defeats the object of a free to use online facility openly seeking to encourage social interactions, as I enjoy having a laugh. But each to their own.

However, if anybody is red carded, or worse still walks onto a smack in the mouth from a ‘random stranger’ because of what they’ve posted to others, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. I’m pretty sure my mate Tony (who reads this forum avidly, but who never posts) isn’t the only person to have turned up anonymously at a meeting which has been prearranged online and taken a photo or two.

Just saying, stay safe out there people .

I totally see what you say SB and stripes, we all love the Albion and then there is "person " who spends his every waking second slanging off our our great club and then because his bored is dead he comes here to cause carnage.

His so called own tolerate him there as the numbers are so low that even Barry Benell would get a grateful welcome.

The problem with banning is it lowers our numbers and it becomes like their bored.

His own know he is sad and lonely and let the bull****:h!tter slide to keeps the numbers up.

Why else would any of them not ask him for a meet up for a drink last season when they all (meaning 2) went up to Newcastle to watch their 2 nil win.

They just pity him too when after that game he says I was in so and so stand, when everyone knows he was not.

Also if you ban him do you think he will really stay away?

No chance he'll be back under a new guise again.
    This is the only wba board I go on as it the most accessible as you don't have search for thread before starting a new like on.com.

But, like mickd says you have to ignore him.

It's hard when you see your so called own ganging up with him to have a go at Al for something he said 6 months ago, but they don't like being reminded of what they said in the past or how they treated posters like Acido.

I may not like what Al says all the time but you can't question his love of the Albion and the time and money he puts into following them.

Top post Albionic.

I didn't know of the ignore list and it appears to quite ineffective anway if it still put the said persons comment in the quote, but good to know it is there.

If my tit for tat posts annoy other Albion fans then i genuinely aplogise to them.

I come on here to talk Albion with other fans who love Albion and want us to do well, always.

If that veers off at a tangent when provoked, it's something for me to address.

But, these grand farewells, started by Birminghamborn1948, when accusing utrecht67 of bullying are now being replicated with one agenda only, to get sympathy and genuine Albion posters banned.

Why else would someone called Glawster leave, when no body knew he was here?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Top post Albionic.

I didn't know of the ignore list and it appears to quite ineffective anway if it still put the said persons comment in the quote, but good to know it is there.

If my tit for tat posts annoy other Albion fans then i genuinely aplogise to them.

I come on here to talk Albion with other fans who love Albion and want us to do well, always.

If that veers off at a tangent when provoked, it's something for me to address.

But, these grand farewells, started by Birminghamborn1948, when accusing utrecht67 of bullying are now being replicated with one agenda only, to get sympathy and genuine Albion posters banned.

Why else would someone called Glawster leave, when no body knew he was here?
    I left blood because I remember how you bullied BaggieSteve ( R.I.P ) for going on the villa site until YARMOUTH Baggie told you to wind your neck in , do you remember?

I do,

Whica was your next tgt.

Im not gay , black or hate soldiers btw.

Grow up , man up , or shut up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)