+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Television today

Television today

Why do they feel it necessary to make announcements at the end of nearly every bloody tv programme saying that "if you have been affected by blah blah blah" you should contact ....................?

They do this in so many programmes and yet they show the news where people are getting shot, kids being abused etc., etc.

Unfortunately, that is real life and the fact that they have featured something of real life on a drama, soap or whatever should not need some announcement like the one above.

They should have seen some of the things I have seen if they want to be affected!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Why do they feel it necessary to make announcements at the end of nearly every bloody tv programme saying that "if you have been affected by blah blah blah" you should contact ....................?

They do this in so many programmes and yet they show the news where people are getting shot, kids being abused etc., etc.

Unfortunately, that is real life and the fact that they have featured something of real life on a drama, soap or whatever should not need some announcement like the one above.

They should have seen some of the things I have seen if they want to be affected!
    We had a thread on this a couple of months ago Ashy,I put it up,I'm like you sick of it as are most people ..

If I were you, I'd find something more important to get angry about.

If some people find the help they need then I think it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If I were you, I'd find something more important to get angry about.

If some people find the help they need then I think it is a good thing.
    It is a good thing,but it's getting boring now having to listen to it time after time 59/60.. Lol

True Alf, but in the past some victims had to suffer in silence and feeling unable to talk to anyone about their circumstances.

The young footballers being "coached" by Barry Bennell, for instance, felt threatened into silence. I think Gary Speed was one of his pupils?

Perhaps they would have plucked up enough courage to ring one of the numbers on the telly, and perhaps Bennell could have been stopped in his tracks.

This is just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    True Alf, but in the past some victims had to suffer in silence and feeling unable to talk to anyone about their circumstances.

The young footballers being "coached" by Barry Bennell, for instance, felt threatened into silence. I think Gary Speed was one of his pupils?

Perhaps they would have plucked up enough courage to ring one of the numbers on the telly, and perhaps Bennell could have been stopped in his tracks.

This is just one example.
    Fair enough 59/60.... They are saying there were four suicides to from people who he had molested.. Gary Speed being one of them ..

Harrowing story of an ex-Claret here Alf.

I have no problem with the paper putting support lines at the end of the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...killed-himself

Vey sad report 59/60 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    am always ringing those numbers.....because i'm affected by the mind numbingly appalling quality and content of programmes on show !

I don't watch much telly Norder - BBC1 is very poor.

BBC4 has a lot of good stuff on though.

And the sport is OK.

Just pick and choose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)