+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Well, Happy Chinese New Year, which is today.

This year will be the Year of the Dog.

I am a dragon.

Character traits: Ambitious, energetic and intellectual, dragons are romantic and strive for perfection. But they can be arrogant and impatient.

Happy Chinese New Year to you 59.

Don't know what I was/am, born 31 December 1955 ?

Think you’re a old goat alto.
    It’s my year as a dog - what do I win?
    The dog is the symbol of loyalty and honesty and people who are born in this year are said to be faithful and trustworthy.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-02-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Think you’re a old goat alto.
    It’s my year as a dog - what do I win?
    The dog is the symbol of loyalty and honesty and people who are born in this year are said to be faithful and trustworthy.
    OMG
    It’s my bad luck year. Will wearing a Clarets shirt save me?

It’s BAD LUCK When Your Zodiac Year Comes Around!
    As the Chinese zodiac recurs every 12 years, your animal year will come around when you are 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, etc.

According to ancient Chinese superstition, in your birth sign year, he will offend the God of Age, and will have bad luck during that year. The best way to avoid bad luck during this year is by wearing something red given by an elder (relative), such as socks, a neck cord, underwear, a waistband, a bracelet, or an anklet.

Happy New Year to all.

Good news Alto! You are a sheep.

Character traits: Gentle, calm, kind, caring and polite, sheep are one of the most loved of the signs. Sometimes shy, sensitive and pessimistic, they have an artistic streak

Are there sheep in China?

Seems sheep/ goat/ ram are the same so take your pick. At least you are liked.

Sheep / Goat is the eighth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Sheep include 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027, 2039, 2051... Sheep (goat, or ram) is among the animals that people like most. It is gentle and calm.

Alto : Your a lucky man! I am also a GOAT,don't believe O C in saying your an ''Old Goat''. and the truth is we want UNITY. Now this chinese stuff is really good:

People born in a year of the Goat are very serene and calm. (100% true !!) Really I am as cool as ''Cool man Luke! (Paul Newman!!)
    They should get out among nature and commune with the great outdoors. Fresh air, trees, ( just yesterday I was in Yodfat,in the galilee. Unless asked, they won't ever volunteer for anything and act as leaders. (100%)
    Good career choices for goats are pediatrician, actor, daycare teacher, interior designer, florist, hair stylist, musician, editor, illustrator, and art history teacher......Ok I do know some history!
    Certainly the most aesthete of the 12 celestial animals of Chinese astrology, the Goat has the qualities of his defects, and the defects of his qualities, as he's very intelligent, insightful and visionary. Though the Goat may seem weak at first, he's actually a robust and pragmatic opportunist, especially when it comes to defending his own interests.
    Very skilled in the unlikely situations, the Goat knows perfectly on which rocks to lay his delicate hoofs, and in which direction to leap, especially when it's a matter of preserving his spiritual and material tranquility, indispensable to his well-being and flourishing. Charming and deeply gentle, the Goat can nevertheless exasperate his friends by his useless lamentations. A natural born artist or politician, the Goat needs to be well accompanied in order to fully blossom, preserving him from the parasites who won't hesitate to take advantage of his many talents, by making use of flatteries of all kinds, a stratagem to which the Goat is unfortunately extremely sensitive.

Generally speaking, Goats are private. Therefore it may take time and effort to get to know those who are born in a year of the Goat. Goats seldom share their personal lives. This is the reason why most Goats have few intimate friends. Once they become friends, their friendship is peaceful and fulfilling. They work hard for those they love
    On a sentimental level, a Year of the Dog can turn out to be all fire and sparkles for the Goat. Indeed single Goats may well get many opportunities to meet serious partners during this period.
    Lucky direction: north For you Burnley!!.

Its all a liad of kraptrap- dont believe in all that zodiac stuff

“the Goat can nevertheless exasperate his friends by his useless lamentations”

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Its all a liad of kraptrap- dont believe in all that zodiac stuff
    Me neither, but it’s fun ... sometimes.
    Now about those useless lamentations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)