+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That Magic Number

That Magic Number

No sorry Zip - not Mylene's

TO stay up - much more important.

The average over last 10 years is 36.

BBC analysts reckon this year 37-38 will be the magic number.

The same analysts also rate 6 other clubs as more likely to go down than us.

SO potentially that is only another 3 wins. Baggies are also looking more and more adrift which will take one slot.

Name:  my.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  84.7 KB

Oh, sorry...there was a question attached to that, wasn't there!

I think it'll be higher than the average-so many clubs are withing 3 wins and a couple of draws I think it'll be as high as 40.

IMO 37 points will be enough to stay up.

Am just sticking with my Ronnie predictor..Which has us on 49 so I'm not really bothered..

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Alright. 37 and goal difference?

My prediction had the highest points relegated on 33

However the team that finished 17th did have 4 more points and finished on 37.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)