+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leicester 1 United 0 - view from the sofa

Thought Basham did ok for the most part but yes he did lose Varfy for the goal, any kind of challenge on Vardy and he doesn’t make that header.
    However considerably better defenders than Bash have struggled with Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Thought Basham did ok for the most part but yes he did lose Varfy for the goal, any kind of challenge on Vardy and he doesn’t make that header.
    However considerably better defenders than Bash have struggled with Vardy.
    I'm not bein wise after the event Jonny but i wudda played Big Ben in the back 3,if Stearman wasn't gunna play and moved Bash into midfield to give us a bit more bite,but obviously the MESSIAH sees more of the lads than we do and i'm not havin a dig at the boss just sayin what i wudda picked.You're correct in sayin better defenders than ours have struggled wi Vardy tho.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I'm not bein wise after the event Jonny but i wudda played Big Ben in the back 3,if Stearman wasn't gunna play and moved Bash into midfield to give us a bit more bite,but obviously the MESSIAH sees more of the lads than we do and i'm not havin a dig at the boss just sayin what i wudda picked.You're correct in sayin better defenders than ours have struggled wi Vardy tho.UTCB
    Not a bad shout considering how bad Lafferty was.

wouldnt suprise me if chris gives bash a rest on tuesday and plays leonard at rcb

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    wouldnt suprise me if chris gives bash a rest on tuesday and plays leonard at rcb
    I do hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Soz Chippy but i disagree wi you mi owd pal. Bash lost Vardy, they scored, I like Bash cos he gives his all in every game,but he was at fault for the goal.UTCB
    You miss my point Rod, it was VARDY he lost not Rhodes, doesn't deserve the bad press on here IMO. it was a top class ball to him and who expected him to attempt a header from that position? I blame both Bash and Jam but only a little as Vardy is top class IMO.
    Last edited by Chips1889; 18-02-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Thanks DB, I watched online (althought the signal was lost frequently) and saw things similar to your good self - agree Jack as MoM.
    Just a point about the 'official' stats from the BBC site. I always count more on target than them or any other figures quoted almost at every game. Example is from last night's BBC 5 minute highlights I've just watched....we had a shot on target from Wilson, an on target save from a Baldock shot and an on target block by Harry from Enda = 3 but the BBC total was 1
    Blocked shots don't count as being on target. And maybe they counted Wilson's effort as a cross.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Blocked shots don't count as being on target. And maybe they counted Wilson's effort as a cross.
    So logic doesn't come into it? Never trust Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah wilson has been dissapointing i was one who thought it was a very good signing for us and still might be but its certainly not looking like it at the minute for me we need 2 strikers in the summer one physical and one with some pace if we keep the boy wonder which i doubt maybe just one needed i think apart from the final third were pretty well set for another push next season if we dont make it this time round utb ftp
    I’m going to keep my powder dry with Wilsonfor now. We all know with Billy that it’s all about goals playing as a striker, and if he’s can just score a couple it could change his fortunes altogether. If somebody was to watch Clarke in the last few games they wouldn’t think that he was the same player that was running defenders ragged a few months ago. If he can gain a bit of confidence through a couple of goals things could change of him...same goes for Ched, and indeed Clarke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast