+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PNE v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Perhaps the 1-1 score was a fair result, but I can't help but feel that we let 2 points go begging....greedy s-d I am ....Goodnight wolfies from Down Under.
    Don't worry mate," she'll be right" Have a good un Grizz.

Still a double digit points lead on second. No real harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Still a double digit points lead on second. No real harm done.
    Still feels like a loss though doesn't it?
    Again, purely because of the bar we have set.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Still feels like a loss though doesn't it?
    Again, purely because of the bar we have set.
    After going down a goal on the road, it felt ok. But probably a team we should beat. But 4 points on the season against Preston. I’ll take that against every opponent.

Some will see the result today as two points dropped, i don't as i think during the 90 minutes plus stoppage time both sides had decent chances. For the first half both sides enjoyed decent time on the ball and both were allowed to pass out from the back. Chances were limited, and from a Wolves perspective the Costa effort and Neves one from distance was all that was seen close to goal.

The second half early on belonged to the home side, in the first half they looked a threat from set-pieces and especially from corners aimed at the far post. Even before the goal, PNE had hit the post, the goal was a good header from Browne, he was a threat for the home side.

I never expected an easy game today and so it proved. Preston as a side like to get stuck in, it needed a strong ref and i'm all for them giving players the benefit of the doubt, but Johnson committed three fouls and the ref, bar awarding free-kicks did nothing. At least in my opinion the referee got Welsh's two yellows right for the fouls on Jota and Cavaleiro.

There are a few unsung heroes in the Wolves side and Coady keeps Wolves ticking over at the heart of the Wolves defence enabling the likes of Cavaleiro to do their stuff going forward. The sending off helped Wolves and it was difficult to see wolves scoring before it. Helder Costa has steadily improved since coming back from injury and into the side, he took his goal well.

PNE looked happy to settle for a draw and despite plenty of the ball Wolves couldn't find a way through to score the winner. Neves went close and Afobe was denied by their keeper who was really quick off his line. I don't blame their keeper for trying to slow the game down and trying to waste as much time as possible.

I see it as a point gained against an hard working Preston side who have given Wolves two difficult games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Some will see the result today as two points dropped, i don't as i think during the 90 minutes plus stoppage time both sides had decent chances. For the first half both sides enjoyed decent time on the ball and both were allowed to pass out from the back. Chances were limited, and from a Wolves perspective the Costa effort and Neves one from distance was all that was seen close to goal.

The second half early on belonged to the home side, in the first half they looked a threat from set-pieces and especially from corners aimed at the far post. Even before the goal, PNE had hit the post, the goal was a good header from Browne, he was a threat for the home side.

I never expected an easy game today and so it proved. Preston as a side like to get stuck in, it needed a strong ref and i'm all for them giving players the benefit of the doubt, but Johnson committed three fouls and the ref, bar awarding free-kicks did nothing. At least in my opinion the referee got Welsh's two yellows right for the fouls on Jota and Cavaleiro.

There are a few unsung heroes in the Wolves side and Coady keeps Wolves ticking over at the heart of the Wolves defence enabling the likes of Cavaleiro to do their stuff going forward. The sending off helped Wolves and it was difficult to see wolves scoring before it. Helder Costa has steadily improved since coming back from injury and into the side, he took his goal well.

PNE looked happy to settle for a draw and despite plenty of the ball Wolves couldn't find a way through to score the winner. Neves went close and Afobe was denied by their keeper who was really quick off his line. I don't blame their keeper for trying to slow the game down and trying to waste as much time as possible.

I see it as a point gained against an hard working Preston side who have given Wolves two difficult games this season.
    The last line I think is very pertenant. They hopefully will have to play some of our rivals in the remaining games and hopefully take points off them.. I think they have Villa this week.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The last line I think is very pertenant. They hopefully will have to play some of our rivals in the remaining games and hopefully take points off them.. I think they have Villa this week.
    Yes, you are correct Abbo, Preston face Villa at Villa Park on Tuesday evening, 24 hours before we play Norwich. If our two games against Preston are anything to go by they won't make it easy for Villa. Preston are just outside the play-off places and a win, depending on other results will lift them into the top six.

What did you all think then about this point, away at one of the more trickier and under rated teams ?.
    Nobody ever looks at the Nobbers (Preston) as genuine challengers do they, even though they are still up there. I admire them for doing what they do, they are a similar sized club to ours and it just shows what can still be done in this league on a smaller budget.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)