+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morais first interview

Morais first interview

José Morais has spoken exclusively to barnsleyfc.co.uk after being announced as Barnsley Football Club’s new Head Coach.

The former Champions League winner has his sights firmly set on survival in the Sky Bet Championship this season and his philosophy is one that relies upon everyone working together and having the same aims.

After signing his contract on Friday alongside Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye, the new man at the helm of the Club gave his thoughts on why he joined the Oakwell set-up.

“I would say that Barnsley is a Club with tradition. A Club with ambition and is a Club with a crowd that have enthusiasm. If I can say something really deep, I am from the north of Portugal and I have a similar feeling now about a Town that wants to grow, that wants to make an impact and wants to reveal something to the world. This is the feeling that I have of Barnsley Football Club.

“I think and I see a Club with potential to grow, a Club with potential to make an impact in their region with people that are proud to be from here. The people here have ambition, are proud of the Town and who they really are. This feeling has brought me here, it’s touching to see this.”

Morais has worked at some of the biggest teams in world football, with Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Chelsea being three of those. He explained that although those clubs have a bigger name, the staff at Barnsley are closer together and all working in the same direction.

“I think the difference is that you can see in all the clubs are not only the name of the club or the kind of competition that the club are participating in, but also the family you can find inside the building. I was lucky to be in important clubs, big clubs, but what I saw in all of the clubs were human resources and people. Here it’s not people, it’s names and colleagues.

“In terms of what people are and what they are feeling about their own Club, what they want and what they want to achieve. We always as human beings want to achieve something higher and something better and this is what you find in all the big clubs, but the big clubs aren’t always with the thinking of the people from the place, but I find this here and I believe that this can be as big as the others are in terms of living human beings.”

Morais has worked within the English game before with Chelsea. During his successful and Premier League winning era at Stamford Bridge alongside now Manchester United manager José Mourinho, the new Reds’ boss gained an understanding about the competitive nature of the division.

“I know it’s a competitive league,” he stated. “I know how English football works. We played several times against lower league teams whilst at Chelsea and I could see their fight and desire. I know all about the ambition of all the clubs in the championship and I know all about the interest across the world in the Championship, this especially has been raised in recent years. It became more and more competitive, with probably 10 clubs that have the possibility of making the top six to join the play-offs for the promotion to the Premier League. This makes it a challenging league, with some quality young players, it’s a league where you can have quality and promote it.”

The new Head Coach has had the opportunity to meet and work with his new stars for two days now. He has assessed his squad and has the added knowledge about them in a match, having been present for the recent South Yorkshire derby with Sheffield Wednesday.

“I think the players have quality and I think we have the will, so what I want to create is a belief. This belief is not just amongst the players, but everyone! We are competing so what we want is not always what we will get, but what we want we will get on the 6th of May! Now we are on the way to create what we want to achieve and what we want is to stay in the Championship, that is the goal. I want to see us doing the right things in order for everyone to be happy at the end of the season to stay in this league and that’s the only vision I have, that’s my belief and I’m sure everyone else will have this vision as well. That’s the one that will help us push the team.”

José can’t wait to walk out of the tunnel and take up his role in the dugout against Burton Albion on Tuesday night. He wanted to send a message to the supporters ahead of the game.

“I want to give a message to the fans… Believe. If you know what it takes to believe, give us your belief and with this we will achieve what we want. The Championship is what we want and is our place, we will get it. Believe.”

Don't tell us how to suck eggs old pal , we've seen it all here .

Tha does thy talking on the pitch .

Aar know worrit teks to believe mi owd.

"I know how English football works. (In my one season as Assistant at Chelsea) we played several times against lower league clubs".

Aye, o'reyt.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-02-2018 at 01:20 PM.

I believe, Hallelujah I believe!

🎵I heard his voice now I'm a believer 🎵 altogether now

I couldn't leave her if I tried

Believable Jeff.

For chuffs sake give the bloke a chance
    What would you like him to say?

He is saying all the right things! What else would we have wanted him to say? The proof will be the performance & results on the pitch over the next 3 crucial matches

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    He is saying all the right things! What else would we have wanted him to say? The proof will be the performance & results on the pitch over the next 3 crucial matches
    He is saying all the right things!
    but not necessarily in the right order

Sorry Anston couldn't resist [Morecambe & Wise}

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast