+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Evening with TC

Evening with TC

Fantastic night with TC last night at BDTBL.

Compered by Paul Walker from RS - Who was excellent by the way, The evening was a "This is your life" type format and TC himself was brilliant with his quips and one liners throughout,

It was a who,s who of legends with Tommy Docherty, Alan (Sniffer) Clark making an appearance on stage, not to mention our own legends - Salmons (Who looked like he could still play today by the way), Billy Dearden, Ted Hemsley, Len Badger, Frank Barlow, as well as Eddie Colquhoun.

Mick Jones also made an appearance and there were Video links to John (Quality goal from a quality player) Motson dressed also in his famous Sheepskin Coat,

There were also links to Sean Bean, Paul Heaton, Joe Elliot and The Birch - Alan Birchenall as he talked about the famous kissing of TC in that brilliant Leicester game in our great season of 1975 when we just failed to get into Europe,

As the beer flowed and the night grew on it was also nice of some legends to speak fondly of the late great Woody who is so sadly missed.

Jimmy Greaves son also spoke on stage on behalf of his Dad who apparently is very ill, Now there is a legend.

Probably the best corporate night ever down the Lane last night, So much to talk about and made you so proud to be a part of this great club of ours.

Other posters probably attended so if I missed anything out feel free to contribute

UTB
    Last edited by Currieisgod; 17-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Wish I could have been there to pay homage to the greatest player I have seen in our famous red and white stripes.

Did he blow a kiss to the crowd once more?

Yeah. Paul Walker introduced TC and he walked in the club blowing kisses. He blew kisses at the end also. You can do magic song filled the air. Peter Barlow came too. What a character he was. I never realised TV was his hero. Pure Class

TC that is whoops

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    TC that is whoops
    Peter Barlow from Corrie?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Peter Barlow from Corrie?
    God foned Praise or Grumble today to thank everyone for last night's doo.He sounded very emotional and he made me rather emotional listenin to him.What a man,luv the memories he gave us all. Blockmod GOD did mention Chris Gascoigne had been and he does indeed play Peter Barlow on Corrie.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    God foned Praise or Grumble today to thank everyone for last night's doo.He sounded very emotional and he made me rather emotional listenin to him.What a man,luv the memories he gave us all. Blockmod GOD did mention Chris Gascoigne had been and he does indeed play Peter Barlow on Corrie.UTCB
    Rob(Hog)Staton sounded very humble that GOD had foned P or G,i missed his call live but listened to it later on line.UTCB