+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig's Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    It certainly is a different game mate,tactics were give the ball to the main player and when defendin head it away and tackle hard,then after the game in't bar for a sesh. The Baseball tho at times was just mud and molehills. UTCB
    Anyone with BT Sport,they are showing old Match of the Days,currently watching QPR v Burnley from 1979,Stan Bowles playing,QPRs pitch looks a shocker,no wonder they installed a plastic pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    ... Some of the challenges in those days would result in lifetime bans these days for instance.
    Or how little players rolled around clutching bit of themselves in agony as a result. Mind you when all that was waiting for you was Fat Bob the physio and his magic bucket, anything was better than a spongeful of freezing water on the back of your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I said your pitch wasn't installed by Desso, which it wasn't, despite you claiming the opposite with your flaky Twitter "evidence". Some of our brethren have gone a little further than I along that line, so you are confusing me with others, I think.

I also think you have to study your Chairmans body language a bit more. He has history of being contrary and making snap decisions (like about your kit manufacturer...), and as Gray said earlier, despite their being a considerable waiting list for Desso, suddenly out of nowhere some lads turn up with a big lorry and your new pitch on it, and bingo, you've got a 'Desso'. Wow!

So the question we keep returning to is....

The fact is that our pitch is lush, and yours is threadbare. Desso's by their nature never look threadbare. There isn't another Desso anywhere that looks threadbare. Apart from micro-climates, over-training, and the mischievous magic pixies, why do you think your pitch looks like Berties wig?

Got me an answer yet, Mr Horticulture..?
    The question has been whether it's a real Desso or not. It clearly is. The evidence says so. Desso's old Twitter account confirmed it. The question answered in the tweet that I provided was something about which was being done first of our pitches.

The reason it's not currently in the best nick is a different debate.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty1 View Post
    The question has been whether it's a real Desso or not. It clearly is. The evidence says so. Desso's old Twitter account confirmed it. The question answered in the tweet that I provided was something about which was being done first of our pitches.

The reason it's not currently in the best nick is a different debate.
    John Hewitt Sports installed your pitch,not Desso,therefore it is not a Desso,the different debate about how it's so threadbare compared to ours is because ours is the real deal,100% genuine Desso,yours isn't.

End of debate

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    John Hewitt Sports installed your pitch,not Desso,therefore it is not a Desso,the different debate about how it's so threadbare compared to ours is because ours is the real deal,100% genuine Desso,yours isn't.

End of debate
    John Hewitt Sports did all the drainage and the turf. A Desso contractor did their bit.

John Hewitt Sports did all the drainage and the turf. A Desso contractor did their bit.
    Which makes it not a proper Desso,you see our Desso,a proper Desso,Desso did all the work,from start to finish,that's why ours looks like a snooker table,yours looks like the Baseball Ground.

Finally you admit it's not a real Desso,something we have been telling you all along

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Which makes it not a proper Desso,you see our Desso,a proper Desso,Desso did all the work,from start to finish,that's why ours looks like a snooker table,yours looks like the Baseball Ground.

Finally you admit it's not a real Desso,something we have been telling you all along
    You're wrong.

Like I said. North Korea Mad - The home of myths.

You're wrong.

Like I said. North Korea Mad - The home of myths.
    It's a John Hewitt,our pitch the real Desso John Hewitt came nowhere near,ours pristine because it's a Desso,yours John Hewitt,threadbare.

That's not true.

A different contractor? Which one?

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast