+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pig's Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by BDTBL1 View Post
    No it didn't. But unlike Cardiff the majority of our play was on the floor meaning it was much harder for us to execute our free flowing football. When the pitch is like that players don't/won't take any unnecessary risks.

Lets hope its back to normal and quick.
    So we didn't outplay Cardiff,have the majority of possession,and squander numerous chances?

Where did I say that?

Maybe look up to my original reply. We were by FAR the better team. However the PITCH made it much harder to execute our game plan.

Where did I say that?

Maybe look up to my original reply. We were by FAR the better team. However the PITCH made it much harder to execute our game plan.
    The pitch did not stop us outplaying Cardiff,the pitch did not stop us being the better side,the pitch was not responsible for us missing chances,we have played well and won on far worse pitches away from home

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    The pitch did not stop us outplaying Cardiff,the pitch did not stop us being the better side,the pitch was not responsible for us missing chances,we have played well and won on far worse pitches away from home
    Are you the head groundsman?

Just wondering why you are very defensive about the pitch. It has been immaculate the past few years, on this one occassion it wasn't great due to the weather.

I agree. However, it certainly made our game much tougher by the pitch not being up to it's usual standard. We play a high tempo, on the floor, in your face style football. While the pitch was in that state it made it more difficult to play on, it was a mud bath.

Are you the head groundsman?

Just wondering why you are very defensive about the pitch. It has been immaculate the past few years, on this one occassion it wasn't great due to the weather.

I agree. However, it certainly made our game much tougher by the pitch not being up to it's usual standard. We play a high tempo, on the floor, in your face style football. While the pitch was in that state it made it more difficult to play on, it was a mud bath.
    A mud bath now was it?so despite this mud bath we still outplayed a team who are going to get automatic promotion,what was the excuse when the pitch was immaculate and we have been beaten?

A mud bath now was it?so despite this mud bath we still outplayed a team who are going to get automatic promotion,what was the excuse when the pitch was immaculate and we have been beaten?
    That's when we haven't been good enough or been outplayed, you know how football works. Hence why we are 9th and not 1st.

That's when we haven't been good enough or been outplayed, you know how football works. Hence why we are 9th and not 1st.
    So nothing to do with the pitch,have another look at Leons goal the other night,crisp passing,all on the deck,despite it being a `mudbath`

So nothing to do with the pitch,have another look at Leons goal the other night,crisp passing,all on the deck,despite it being a `mudbath`
    How can you blame a pristine pitch for how you play?

It was a great goal. Still sticking to my point that it made our game much tougher for 90+ minutes by playing on the poor pitch.

How can you blame a pristine pitch for how you play?

It was a great goal. Still sticking to my point that it made our game much tougher for 90+ minutes by playing on the poor pitch.
    I am not blaming our pitch,you are.

That much tougher that we outplayed a Cardiff team that had won 8 on the trot,and who will be playing in the Premier League next season.

I am not blaming our pitch,you are.

That much tougher that we outplayed a Cardiff team that had won 8 on the trot,and who will be playing in the Premier League next season.
    Yes, that much tougher.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast