+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig's Pitch

No reply from Percy Thrower yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    He's probably contemplating chewing on that 'Arris Hole he's been handed on a plate H.......

Perhaps he's consulting his horticultual manuals about real Desso's...?

Or perhaps he's on the internet stroking Percy whilst gazing at Lady Gardens..? I do wonder if he has seen a real one of those either...

I do believe that Desso did install the pitch in S6 but because Wendy wanted to avoid us having something they hadn't they agreed that the pitch would be done in the reverse way. We had the time to do this properly with the synthetic fibres first followed by the hybrid grass seeds but they had to agree to having grass first and then use the machines to lay the fibres after us. This looks like the grass has suffered by not growing through the fibres.

This description is from our 'news' of the pitch in 2015.....

"...While the grass is growing, the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres. The designers claim this anchors the field to create a solid, even structure with good drainage and 'playing comfort'".

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I do believe that Desso did install the pitch in S6 but because Wendy wanted to avoid us having something they hadn't they agreed that the pitch would be done in the reverse way. We had the time to do this properly with the synthetic fibres first followed by the hybrid grass seeds but they had to agree to having grass first and then use the machines to lay the fibres after us. This looks like the grass has suffered by not growing through the fibres.

This description is from our 'news' of the pitch in 2015.....

"...While the grass is growing, the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres. The designers claim this anchors the field to create a solid, even structure with good drainage and 'playing comfort'".

It wasnt installed by Desso, John Hewitt Sports did it as stated above, probably subbed the job out to some household drive tarmacwrs who were at a loose end, but you are correct it wasn't done the normal way around.

They had similar problems before. There's an article whereSean Dyche refers it. Don't think he says it "ran true" either.

They didn't install the lighting it needed until far too late. That's the real problem.

In any event, team as good as Real Swine FC should perform on any surface. Even a fake Desso.

In any event, team as good as Real Swine FC should perform on any surface. Even a fake Desso.
    They should but let’s be honest H, it’s not had a lot of football played on it in the last couple of seasons has it? It should be pristine, whole sections of the pitch are rarely if ever used by the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I would say,similar to the Baseball Ground in the 70s,Pigs been ripped off big time.
    I don't know why considerin we usually lost theer but the Baseball ground was one of my favrit away grounds,Filbert street also.How the hell did Derby have such a good side playin on that pitch? Redders i hope Stock can forgive me,please don't tell Nigel. UTCB

Different game back then wasn't it, Rod? The ball was heavier for a start, which means it would have been affected less by a rough pitch. It always astounds me when you look back on football footage from as little as 20 years ago how much things have changed. Some of the challenges in those days would result in lifetime bans these days for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Different game back then wasn't it, Rod? The ball was heavier for a start, which means it would have been affected less by a rough pitch. It always astounds me when you look back on football footage from as little as 20 years ago how much things have changed. Some of the challenges in those days would result in lifetime bans these days for instance.
    It certainly is a different game mate,tactics were give the ball to the main player and when defendin head it away and tackle hard,then after the game in't bar for a sesh. The Baseball tho at times was just mud and molehills. UTCB

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast