+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig's Pitch

Dear mr Moderator, I wish to report a robbery.............

There is a kid on here without his candy..........

Can this be looked into ?

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post

I have been watching Bergerac this afternoon, so I am on it.

Expect an early arrest

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post

Redders d'ya think Stocky's pitch is similar to that at Swillsbro? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I would say,similar to the Baseball Ground in the 70s,Pigs been ripped off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post

I'm sorry Rodders, I do not under any circumstances wish to besmirch a Football Clubs good reputation.....

Nowt wrong wi' Bracken Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I have been watching Bergerac this afternoon, so I am on it.

Expect an early arrest
    Good prep work Blockers old boy.....

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    You've already had an explanation from BlockMod about why they got deleted. It wasn't to save our eyes from gazing upon the truth.

Anyway, I hate to see you flapping about, defending something you haven't got a feckin clue about, so why don't I help you.

Desso is a company (now owned by Tarkett Sports). 'Desso' is also a brand as in 'Desso Grassmaster', their hybrid grass/plastic pitch, which we have, as do most PL and Championship sides, and other major venues.

Our Desso is a 'Desso' installed by Desso. Now your 'Desso' could have been installed by Desso, or Premier Pitches (a good company), or one of a number of other contractors. In your case (you can start taking notes now) you had John Hewitts Sports Turf of Leicester do it for you. Hewitts has a decent enough reputation (they did Leicester City's pitches in the 2000's). They describe themselves as a 'tennis court construction company', but do a lot of other stuff too around playing surfaces for other sports too. But unlike Desso and Premier, they don't have a long list of successful Desso installations on their website, mainly because they don't have a website.

Anyway, its now three years since the pitches were installed at BDTBL and Hillsborough, so I think we can probably rule out installation problems anyway. Its probably got more to do with how they have been looked after tbf.

The fact is that our pitch is lush, and yours is threadbare. Desso's by their nature never look threadbare. There isn't another Desso anywhere that looks threadbare. Apart from micro-climates, over-training, and the mischievous magic pixies, why do you think your pitch looks like Berties wig?

Take your time.
    Thank you for agreeing that it is indeed a Desso pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty1 View Post
    In what way has he agreed that your threadbare fake Desso,is indeed the real deal?

Name:  F3949C87-3727-4866-84D9-294992E322BE.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  18.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty1 View Post
    I said your pitch wasn't installed by Desso, which it wasn't, despite you claiming the opposite with your flaky Twitter "evidence". Some of our brethren have gone a little further than I along that line, so you are confusing me with others, I think.

I also think you have to study your Chairmans body language a bit more. He has history of being contrary and making snap decisions (like about your kit manufacturer...), and as Gray said earlier, despite their being a considerable waiting list for Desso, suddenly out of nowhere some lads turn up with a big lorry and your new pitch on it, and bingo, you've got a 'Desso'. Wow!

So the question we keep returning to is....

The fact is that our pitch is lush, and yours is threadbare. Desso's by their nature never look threadbare. There isn't another Desso anywhere that looks threadbare. Apart from micro-climates, over-training, and the mischievous magic pixies, why do you think your pitch looks like Berties wig?

Got me an answer yet, Mr Horticulture..?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast