+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig's Pitch

Being a curious sort (as I'm sure I've already mentioned..) I decided to have a quick look on t'internet at Grassmaster to see if there is any reference to the pitches in there. So I turned to my old friend Wikipedia. Here it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrassMaster

Now, prominent on the page, is a list of Desso Grassmaster pitches installed by Desso and Tarkett (remember, Tarkett bought Desso and its technology in 2015...). Anyway, after a long list of famous and illustrious stadia around the world, there (near the bottom, I grant you) is "Bramall Lane, Sheffield United". So where is 'Hillsborough'? Come on Doc..? Wheres Hillsborough????

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Being a curious sort (as I'm sure I've already mentioned..) I decided to have a quick look on t'internet at Grassmaster to see if there is any reference to the pitches in there. So I turned to my old friend Wikipedia. Here it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrassMaster

Now, prominent on the page, is a list of Desso Grassmaster pitches installed by Desso and Tarkett (remember, Tarkett bought Desso and its technology in 2015...). Anyway, after a long list of famous and illustrious stadia around the world, there (near the bottom, I grant you) is "Bramall Lane, Sheffield United". So where is 'Hillsborough'? Come on Doc..? Wheres Hillsborough????
    Surly it will be at or near the top? I bet the web page isn’t displaying correctly and so it’s cutting off Hillsborough before it’s finished ...a bit like the fake Desso pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Surly it will be at or near the top? I bet the web page isn’t displaying correctly and so it’s cutting off Hillsborough before it’s finished ...a bit like the fake Desso pitch.
    Just asking questions, and doing searches Gray. I don't like loose ends, and I don't like assumptions. I'd have made a good detective!

I do find it funny how everywhere you'd expect to see some mentions of their wonderful Desso, (Desso's own websites, Desso contractors websites, now Wiki...) we're there, but they aren't there. Have Desso disowned it? Did it ever exist except as a figment of our imaginations?

Come on Doc. You're quoting a Tweet from GrassMaster about your pitch, but Grassmaster, Desso, Tarkett, (or Premier...) don't list it with the big long list of pitches they've done. Do the searches yourself. You'd imagine they'd have every one listed, wouldn't you, especially a ground as famous as Hillsborough? Something just doesn't add up, don't ya think? Whats your explanation...?

Theirs took a few weeks to install ours took most of the summer,that should tell you all you need to know,we had a well sank in the corner of the south stand bramall lane end to draw water from the water table below they just built on marshy bog land that gets submerged occasionally that's why ours look like a snooker table and theirs looks like a peat bog

...and theirs isn't a genuine Desso. Just like getting Trabant to build a Rolls Royce.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    ...and theirs isn't a genuine Desso. Just like getting Trabant to build a Rolls Royce.
    To paraphrase Morecambe & Wise " we've got all of the parts but not necessarily in the right order"

Bottom line on all this is, we have a wonderful pitch ( and stadium ), the Pigs have a garbage pitch ( and stadium ). End of.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Bottom line on all this is, we have a wonderful pitch ( and stadium ), the Pigs have a garbage pitch ( and stadium ). End of.
    And the most important,we have got a better manager and team

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    And the most important,we have got a better manager and team
    We certainly have this season!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Just asking questions, and doing searches Gray. I don't like loose ends, and I don't like assumptions. I'd have made a good detective!

I do find it funny how everywhere you'd expect to see some mentions of their wonderful Desso, (Desso's own websites, Desso contractors websites, now Wiki...) we're there, but they aren't there. Have Desso disowned it? Did it ever exist except as a figment of our imaginations?

Come on Doc. You're quoting a Tweet from GrassMaster about your pitch, but Grassmaster, Desso, Tarkett, (or Premier...) don't list it with the big long list of pitches they've done. Do the searches yourself. You'd imagine they'd have every one listed, wouldn't you, especially a ground as famous as Hillsborough? Something just doesn't add up, don't ya think? Whats your explanation...?
    It'll be on their "old" website, just like McFantasys "old twitter account" claim.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast