+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Thread vs. Newport County 17/02/18

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Where do these strikers come from? We don't seem to have the money to spend on the quality of player we need. If we go up is there enough decent tallent currently at the club to keep us there without large scale spending. I think from a financial point this club is in a very poor state, and the MUNTO season caused a lot of that damage as the club is responsible for those debts because others didn't do their job.
    We signed too many midfielders in the window and have left ourselves short.

We pretty much play Stead and Shola when he is fit Forte / Saunders are pretty much not wanted and we cant help Bennett being injured.

Im not bothered about what might happen if we got to league one if we want to move forward as a club we need to get out this league pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Everyone knows what he means Sid (well apart from you obviously).
    Until this post I actually thought you were a reasonably intelligent person with a sense of humour. Now I realise I could be wrong on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Until this post I actually thought you were a reasonably intelligent person with a sense of humour. Now I realise I could be wrong on both accounts.
    This is the Match Thread Sidders......any thoughts on the game?......thought not

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Where do these strikers come from? We don't seem to have the money to spend on the quality of player we need. If we go up is there enough decent tallent currently at the club to keep us there without large scale spending. I think from a financial point this club is in a very poor state, and the MUNTO season caused a lot of that damage as the club is responsible for those debts because others didn't do their job.
    Other clubs find these strikers, don’t they? We seem to collect midfielders, and they need paying eh? What we COULD have done is play Curtis and/or Milsom, take your pick, they are no better or worse than Saunders, Hodge, Virtue, Husain, etc. Make no mistake, those first three won’t be here next year and they are no help now. The money saved plus a few thousand could have bought us a proper, recognised goalscorer and there would still be money left over to pay the milk bill. Yes indeed, the strikers are out there, they just need paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Other clubs find these strikers, don’t they? We seem to collect midfielders, and they need paying eh? What we COULD have done is play Curtis and/or Milsom, take your pick, they are no better or worse than Saunders, Hodge, Virtue, Husain, etc. Make no mistake, those first three won’t be here next year and they are no help now. The money saved plus a few thousand could have bought us a proper, recognised goalscorer and there would still be money left over to pay the milk bill. Yes indeed, the strikers are out there, they just need paying for.
    For Gods sake stop telling it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Common sense speaketh thou.....when did we last have a striker.....Hughes in 2010?......before that Stallard, Son of Moses?.....getting fed up of watching "hoof it down the middle"......then we bring on Forte, and stick him on the wing.....give me strength.......COYP, before someone calls me Mr Negative

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I do have a sense of humour but you need help if you thought I was reasonably intelligent

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345