+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Newport County 17/02/18

A point at Newport is not so bad. A game under the belt for Hall and Noble. Another for Hewitt and Husin to play together. 58pts with 13 to go

A draw it is then. A win would have been nice to really get us rolling again, but a point away at decent opposition isn't bad, certainly better than losing 1-0 to poor opposition in the last minute in the previous away game. An improvement on last season's result at Rodney Parade.

Yet an in form Accy got held for a draw at the same ‘poor’ opposition

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    A point at Newport is not so bad. A game under the belt for Hall and Noble. Another for Hewitt and Husin to play together. 58pts with 13 to go
    A point is not bad but we fall further down the league as Mansfield and Wycombe both won along with Swindon. At least those just outside the play offs lost.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It could have been worse but our indifferent form continues which should just about see us grab a playoff place.

That sounded like a dull encounter and the 0-0 result means we slip to 5th tonight 4 points off the automatic promotion places, and Mansfield overtake us which is disappointing.

Whilst it’s great that we are in the top seven it’s a bit frustrating that we were in such a good position after the first half of the season and our form has since dropped off to that of a mid table side. It seems like ages ago since we got to 50 point mark.

6 points clear of 8th placed Exeter is good and whilst they have two games in hand it’s better to have points on the board.

Our fate is much in our own hands. How we play against Mansfield, Wycombe and Accrington will ultimately determine where we finish. I think we would need to beat those to have a chance of getting automatic promotion.

I reckon this is what you get when you sign too many average midfielders and only one striker. You can always replace one run-of-the-mill midfielder with another when you have so many, but where do you go to when that striker is injured and out for the rest of the season?
    We have two main strikers who are both in their mid-thirties and Forte who rarely starts a game even when one of these two are unfit so our only option is to play an extra one of the many midfielders and hope one of them gets lucky. Has it worked yet? No.

If offered 7th now I’d take that I don’t think we will go up automatic short of firepower

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If offered 7th now I’d take that I don’t think we will go up automatic short of firepower
    Where do these strikers come from? We don't seem to have the money to spend on the quality of player we need. If we go up is there enough decent tallent currently at the club to keep us there without large scale spending. I think from a financial point this club is in a very poor state, and the MUNTO season caused a lot of that damage as the club is responsible for those debts because others didn't do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Where do these strikers come from? We don't seem to have the money to spend on the quality of player we need. If we go up is there enough decent tallent currently at the club to keep us there without large scale spending. I think from a financial point this club is in a very poor state, and the MUNTO season caused a lot of that damage as the club is responsible for those debts because others didn't do their job.
    AH clearly stated that he was 250k INSIDE his budget....and that was before the Swansea replay with tv money..plus the 17k that attended the Crewe game......pretty sure the money is there IF he spots an out~of~contract striker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast