+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

A brilliant 3 points but I didn't enjoy the match at all.

We coud have won by a larger margin.

Warney has just said on Radio DeeDah that Mattock is likely to be out for 7-10 days, with a hamstring tear. He also said that he didn't say anything about that before today's match for tactical reasons

Absolutely awesome win.

There'll teams starting to panic about playing us for a change.

Might even get a TWO sentance mention on football league show tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    He hi he hi he hi o that’s all I have to say
    Sometimes Pocket you sound like a donkey

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Absolutely awesome win.

There'll teams starting to panic about playing us for a change.

Might even get a TWO sentance mention on football league show tonight
    Wow don’t get crazy

I thought this comment from a Shrews fan on one of their message boards summed things up reasonably fairly:

"Couldn't cope with a very physical Rotherham . Not saying they were a dirty side , just very fit, strong and won most challenges . We weren't helped mind you by the ref, who was possibly one of the worst I have witnessed.
    Rotherham won almost all of the balls in the air and just stifled us. Fair play to them , they had a game plan and stuck to it. They were quite happy to win throw in's in our half as they had someone who could launch it into the box . Similarly they won numerous corners which suited their big lads. All we could do as hack it clear and they came at us again.
    Not much football played by either team, we couldn't get going at all.
    Dean followed the ball from a corner , didn't get anywhere near , it was obvious he wasn't as there were 3/4 players in the way, left himself stranded as the ball came back qinto the box for a simple goal.
    Poor decision making from him but, to be fair , nobody covered themselves in glory .
    Oh well , roll on Gillingham , let's see if we can do better .
    I think the better teams have worked us out , we could be in for a rocky ride ."

Credit to Warne for setting this up in a way that allowed us a win. Think he got it spot on.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 17-02-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Just back with a chinese to finish the perfect day. Listened to radio shropshire on the way back where their fans were moaning about the ref and our players falling over. Falling over ,my arse, they were lucky to keep 11 men on the pitch. Their number 6 should definitely have been sent off but a lot of them were persistently fouling millers players with the ref not being arsed to book them. They also manhandled Smith all game with sod all protection ftrom the ref. It just aint Footie Mr Hurst is it?

Did we deserve to win? You bet we did we had a lot more shots on goal and corners and should really have scored more. Second half it was one way traffic to their goal with the occasional break by them mopped up by the millers defence.

It is difficult to pick a MOM because they all played well but I think I'm gonna give it to the man with the hat for his general marshalling of defence and his goal.

Well done the millers and thanks for a super Saturday.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-02-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I thought this comment from a Shrews fan on one of their message boards summed things up reasonably fairly:

"Couldn't cope with a very physical Rotherham . Not saying they were a dirty side , just very fit, strong and won most challenges . We weren't helped mind you by the ref, who was possibly one of the worst I have witnessed.
    Rotherham won almost all of the balls in the air and just stifled us. Fair play to them , they had a game plan and stuck to it. They were quite happy to win throw in's in our half as they had someone who could launch it into the box . Similarly they won numerous corners which suited their big lads. All we could do as hack it clear and they came at us again.
    Not much football played by either team, we couldn't get going at all.
    Dean followed the ball from a corner , didn't get anywhere near , it was obvious he wasn't as there were 3/4 players in the way, left himself stranded as the ball came back qinto the box for a simple goal.
    Poor decision making from him but, to be fair , nobody covered themselves in glory .
    Oh well , roll on Gillingham , let's see if we can do better .
    I think the better teams have worked us out , we could be in for a rocky ride ."

Credit to Warne for setting this up in a way that allowed us a win. Think he got it spot on.
    Shrews produced a hard, dry, bumpy pitch, that didn't allow for good football. If there was any decent stuff played, it was by us. Up to Shrews as the home team to turn it on for their crowd.
    A perfect away performance. Yes, we were tough, but not dirty. Other teams don't intimidate us now. The goal was in keeping with a scrappy game.

Agree about the pitch it was shocking and was by far the worst pitch I have seen this year. There was hardly any grass on it. Wonder if this may be a tactical thing by the Shrews well it didn't work today eh?

Bad pitch
    First half better than 2nd and we should have scored more
    Rodak MOTM
    We did the job and got 3 points which what counts
    Sour grapes from Shrews on twitter

Autos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast