+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QUESTION: Do we have the quality to get automatic promotion?

QUESTION: Do we have the quality to get automatic promotion?

Just an honest question. We have only won 4 matches since the end on November - we are not winning against teams near the bottom of the table and sadly, we are just not playing well. I absolutely want us to get in to L1 but just feel despair at the way things are going at the moment. Another weekend ruined

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Just an honest question. We have only won 4 matches since the end on November - we are not winning against teams near the bottom of the table and sadly, we are just not playing well. I absolutely want us to get in to L1 but just feel despair at the way things are going at the moment. Another weekend ruined

Think the answer to that is NO but that didn't stop us getting results in the 1st half of the season. We need to get back to doing whatever we were doing then. A draw is not a disaster, let's keep plodding on and see where it takes us, ay?

To be honest, I'm thinking not. The last 2 away games have shown a lack of quality. Id have expacted at least 4 points from those fixtures if we were to be serious promotion contenders. 1pt is, frankly, pathetic and a mile away from the form needed.

Hope I'm wrong...

No. The truth is we probably never did have, but I was hoping the transfer window would mean we got the necessary quality in to get us up. Unfortunately that was a bit of a disaster which has made us worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No. The truth is we probably never did have, but I was hoping the transfer window would mean we got the necessary quality in to get us up. Unfortunately that was a bit of a disaster which has made us worse.
    To call it a disaster is rather an understatement, one striker at the last minute and... was it five or six midfielders we found in a month?

Simple answer........no

After today, I am pretty sure we have settled for a possible Wembley trip.....Mason Bennett out for the season is the worst news possible

No.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Simple answer........no

After today, I am pretty sure we have settled for a possible Wembley trip.....Mason Bennett out for the season is the worst news possible
    Signing an injury prone striker at the last minute doesn't give you much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Signing an injury prone striker at the last minute doesn't give you much confidence.
    Surely there is a free~agent striker out there that we can sign on a 3~month contract?....Grant lobbed 4 or 5 balls into the box but nobody has the pace or height to get onto the end of them

Why are we all so negative when we should be full of the joys of promotion

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast