+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought v Newport.....Dour

Thought v Newport.....Dour

Forget watching the highlights (chokes on Badia Mustard sarnie), there were none......dour game on a dour pitch in a dour ground.

Plan A is boot the ball up to Stead, who worked his cobblers off once again....but without Shola around, looked to be the last man standing at the Alamo.

Plan B is to try to feed Grant on the left~wing, who kept lobbing the ball into the box and clearly forgot that Shola was not on the pitch.....please, please can we have the original Grant back....what happened to him?

Plan C....revert to Plan A.....284 traveling Notts fans deserve a medal.

Why is Noble on the right wing?....why is a lightweight Husin in midfield and gets replaced by a featherweight Virue?....meanwhile we bring on Forte and shove him on the wing.....confused.

New lad at the back looked decent

Newport had not won in 5 games, plus got hammered 5~0 last week......we should be winning these games yet we slip further down the table.

On this form, we will struggle to hold onto a play~off spot

Some will say this is a hard~fought point gained.....not me, sorry.

Any away point is a good point,but only provided we win all our home games otherwise the pressure is on to win the odd away game & todays was there for the taking. I feel sure that any of the other 8/9 "top" sides in this league would have "gone" for Newport 2nd half but KN seemed undecided as to whether to twist or stick, it could be the influence of "Big Sam" or just that we forget that KN is very much a "rookie" but the sooner he realises that he must sometimes adapt to the game rather than stick to a rigid "game plan" the better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Forget watching the highlights (chokes on Badia Mustard sarnie), there were none......dour game on a dour pitch in a dour ground.

Plan A is boot the ball up to Stead, who worked his cobblers off once again....but without Shola around, looked to be the last man standing at the Alamo.

Plan B is to try to feed Grant on the left~wing, who kept lobbing the ball into the box and clearly forgot that Shola was not on the pitch.....please, please can we have the original Grant back....what happened to him?

Why is Noble on the right wing?....why is a lightweight Husin in midfield and gets replaced by a featherweight Virue?....meanwhile we bring on Forte and shove him on the wing.....confused.

Newport had not won in 5 games, plus got hammered 5~0 last week......we should be winning these games yet we slip further down the table.

So it didn't look any better watching it on a laptop mate? Awful game to watch live . Stead did battle well first half but wasn't in the game after the break but he wasn't the only one, I forgot Noble was on the pitch! Thought Ben Hall looked class but to be honest Newport offered nothing to really trouble us. The only real entertainment I can remember is when they had a throw in right in front of us and a Notts fan knocked it out of the players hands as he was about to take it . Well there is a spoons down the road so I am going for a pint and some snap.
    ps. 284 Notts fans, looked more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So it didn't look any better watching it on a laptop mate? Awful game to watch live . Stead did battle well first half but wasn't in the game after the break but he wasn't the only one, I forgot Noble was on the pitch! Thought Ben Hall looked class but to be honest Newport offered nothing to really trouble us. The only real entertainment I can remember is when they had a throw in right in front of us and a Notts fan knocked it out of the players hands as he was about to take it . Well there is a spoons down the road so I am going for a pint and some snap.
    ps. 284 Notts fans, looked more to me.
    Nice one Navy, you and your lad deserve a medal for making that trip.....just listened to Nolo "great point, great clean sheet"....mmmm....you might spot him in Spoons rehearsing the same speech for Tuesday night at Cambridge.....we looked toothless up front...we need to find an out~n~out striker that it is a free agent rapidamundo

Nice one Navy, you and your lad deserve a medal for making that trip.....just listened to Nolo "great point, great clean sheet"....mmmm....you might spot him in Spoons rehearsing the same speech for Tuesday night at Cambridge.....we looked toothless up front...we need to find an out~n~out striker that it is a free agent rapidamundo
    He didn't say we were happy with a point with 20 minutes to go so decided to resort to time wasting tactics then ? Because that's what we did against a very, very poor Newport side. My lad turned to me at the end of the game " well that was crap " , I could hardly clip him around the ear!

What a load of rubbish that was. All we seemed content to do was to kick the ball anywhere. How on earth KN can say that he was delighted with the point is beyond me. The guy either doesn't watch the game or he is delusional..Once again one man up front waiting for the the ball to descend..When will he learn that this tactic doesn't work. We can kiss goodbye to the playoffs if this type of rubbish football is acceptable to him..

Positive as ever Durham

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Positive as ever Durham

The Pies are going up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The Pies are going up.
    Bet you a tenner they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Bet you a tenner they aren't.

I don't bet, its a mugs game and only the bookies win and laugh at the punters .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast