+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thought v Newport.....Dour

Dour is about the most polite term to describe that game. A round trip of 6 hours driving to watch that rubbish. I'm not sure if Nolan is either protecting his tactics / team by being "happy with that point" , or watching the same game as me. We were absolute garbage, against a garbage team, on a disgrace of a pitch.
    We were garbage against Barnet, VERY lucky v Carlisle, and yesterday's "match" was awful.

We are going nowhere this season if things don't improve

Went to last two away games
    Totally agree

I'm not sure I'm happy that Allardyce is his role model anyway, he's hardly pulling up trees himself thesedays and it's not 1998 anymore. The good teams at our level can play football, hoofing it up to the big man used to work at our level but now if you want to progress you actually have to be able to play football.

Watching Rochdale against Spurs. Dale are aggressive, pressing and positive. Everything we weren’t against Swansea, and haven’t been generally just lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Watching Rochdale against Spurs. Dale are aggressive, pressing and positive. Everything we weren’t against Swansea, and haven’t been generally just lately.
    We don't agree on much but I couldn't agree more . I wanted the nation see my team against Swansea but how do you sell that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Completely agree, but why? like most I like KN & feel he needs backing but all season he has been very negative both in his tactics & his interviews. He has played down our chances of promotion & even had a dig at the fans for getting "over excited" when we were in automatic places, his negative 1 up front tactics take some believing at times as do his "rigidly stick to the game plan" despite the game being there for the taking. I am still behind the man but it is becoming more obvious that he is a novice at the job & as we more than most know to become a "good" manager novices have to learn from their mistakes.

The one up front is obviously an attempt to play more of the midfield masses we have.

The only other option if Ameobi can’t play every game is Forte, who KN obviously doesn’t rate.

So on up front it is likely to be away from home for some time.....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    The one up front is obviously an attempt to play more of the midfield masses we have.

The only other option if Ameobi can’t play every game is Forte, who KN obviously doesn’t rate.

Fair point, but he recruited the midfield masses, so presumably a striker wasn't his priority else we wouldn't have signed an injury prone goalless forward 1 hour before the window shut. He has known for some time that he doesn't rate Forte. I can't blame him for that but he has done little to remedy the situation. He may get the best out of of a bad bunch, but the Nottingham public have had enough of this, as 3,000 crowds (when it doesn't cost £2) are starting to show.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

My worry is that it seems to have been KNs preferred formation all season despite the evidence that it doesn't work with our current playing staff, Stead is not a "lone striker" the vast majority of fans can see this if Shola is not fit enough to play at least a fair proportion of each game then he should not be playing professional football ( bugger me it's 90 minutes once or twice a week & he is hardly expected to cover every blade of grass) & a change of tactics is desperately needed rather than the shut up shop & hope for a lucky break that we now employ even against the poorer sides in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    My worry is that it seems to have been KNs preferred formation all season despite the evidence that it doesn't work with our current playing staff, Stead is not a "lone striker" the vast majority of fans can see this if Shola is not fit enough to play at least a fair proportion of each game then he should not be playing professional football ( bugger me it's 90 minutes once or twice a week & he is hardly expected to cover every blade of grass) & a change of tactics is desperately needed rather than the shut up shop & hope for a lucky break that we now employ even against the poorer sides in the league.
    We appear to have adopted a "please defend, and do not lose attitude", rather than a "let us try to get 3 points" one....there have been some terrific games so far this season, Exeter and Morecambe, both away, spring to mind...but since the Morecambe game, which was reported as being "easy", we seem to have fallen apart....I honestly cannot figure out was has gone wrong apart from Yates leaving and Shola acquiring a defibrillator?

Every other team in the top 7 or 8 seems to be hitting form.....we are asleep.....and if Nolo says one more time in his pre~match interviews "we have to be careful, they will raise their game"....I am going to kick off big time.

Nolo....try "they are ****.....and we are going to spank them 6~nil"....please, just once

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123