+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coincidence?

Coincidence?

Since Perry returned to our defence, we have conceded just one in 3.
    The lad has something about him, and I would make him skipper while George is out and maybe beyond? (and what on earth is going on there anyway?).

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Since Perry returned to our defence, we have conceded just one in 3.
    The lad has something about him, and I would make him skipper while George is out and maybe beyond? (and what on earth is going on there anyway?).
    Reading between the lines, I reckon they are not ready to rush Ray into the fray until they have to, knowing how difficult and precarious the recovery from back injuries can be. Two clean sheets with Nolan and NG in central defence, so that might also have something to do with it. Raynes did OK by all accounts at Accy, so hence his place on the bench. No problems yet again with Artell's team selection, tactics or the players' efforts again today or in the previous two games. However, there will still be those around slating him and the team, when in actual fact, credit is required when it is due.

The same question was asked by fans around me...especially not even being on the bench as he had no reaction to 120 minutes in the Nantwich game or so we read...

Is his contract up in the summer as can't recall whether he signed a one year or two year extension?

I did read elsewhere that DA said that he only want players who wanted to be here and had we more points he gave the impression they wouldn't be picked if they didn't.....So I'm wondering if that again is becoming an issue? But I'm just guessing there..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The same question was asked by fans around me...especially not even being on the bench as he had no reaction to 120 minutes in the Nantwich game or so we read...

Is his contract up in the summer as can't recall whether he signed a one year or two year extension?

I did read elsewhere that DA said that he only want players who wanted to be here and had we more points he gave the impression they wouldn't be picked if they didn't.....So I'm wondering if that again is becoming an issue? But I'm just guessing there..
    I agree with you Mike, you are just guessing, and in my opinion wrongly. Didn't DA and George Ray both say on the club website that he needs another 90 mins before being considered?

Also signed I believe a 2 year contract last Summer

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I agree with you Mike, you are just guessing, and in my opinion wrongly. Didn't DA and George Ray both say on the club website that he needs another 90 mins before being considered?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Also signed I believe a 2 year contract last Summer
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Yes

OK thanks for the clarification but just picking up what DA said about not wanting to play anyone that doesn't want to be here and put 2 and 2 together and made 5....

Apologies to George if he gets to read these boards then!

I thought DA picked the best team he could and the defence is a big improvement. Has anyone noticed that Zoumana Bakayogo has slowed down when he crosses the ball so rather than kicking it behind the goal line they are actually getting into the area for our players to attack. Charlie Kirk was very poor in his positional play and in passing the ball and deserved to be taken off. Jordan Bowery appears to be going backward, he rarely jumps to head the ball and appears to be trying to chest it all the time. The question is can we afford at the present moment not to have him in the team as he is strong and could possibly cause trouble for the opposition defence. happy with the team selection and hope for 3 more points on Tuesday night

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    I thought DA picked the best team he could and the defence is a big improvement. Has anyone noticed that Zoumana Bakayogo has slowed down when he crosses the ball so rather than kicking it behind the goal line they are actually getting into the area for our players to attack. Charlie Kirk was very poor in his positional play and in passing the ball and deserved to be taken off. Jordan Bowery appears to be going backward, he rarely jumps to head the ball and appears to be trying to chest it all the time. The question is can we afford at the present moment not to have him in the team as he is strong and could possibly cause trouble for the opposition defence. happy with the team selection and hope for 3 more points on Tuesday night
    If Dagnall and Porter were fit he's be back in a sub role I'm sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast