+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Come back WTF11 & Mrs O

Thing is matey - as BB pointed out regulars we might be, disagree.. definitely will do - but we are all Leeds fans - unlike ghost.

Update ...........

Hopefully promotion of this Board is equally for fans and advertisers alike with more hopefully able to join all the Mad clubs Boards (including Leeds Mad) when all tech issues are resolved.

My role in matters regarding this Forum ...........FSE Representation.
    Effective PR is a mix of journalism, psychology, and lawyering as it’s an ever changing and always interesting profitable landscape.Fans should be ideally placed to maximise PR results for all clubs who trawl clubs Forums - but tech problems are stopping such viewer growth on here at the 'mo and thus information for Fan representatives and clubs is stifled.

Leeds United has a broad fan base https://mobile.twitter.com/MarchingoutLUFC
    (which our club has integrated membership into) - just one of many organisation for example with 'influential' members who've invested into our club but sadly I'm told has members with accounts on here that despite being activated are still having access problems.Further,complaints have been made to various Forums admins over tech problems and also reported abusive 'comments' made of which to date have been sorted out amicably by my mediation.

I agree with all sensible remarks and also those made that all clubs are using all avenues to locate & secure investment of which the benefits shall be seen and it's known regarding Leeds United LGBT/M0T Leeds are proof of some of those said investment with many of their corporate members investing direct into LUFC from all over the world thus showing confidence in the Leeds regime - that their members cannot voice remarks on this Board like they can for example on Waccoe etc (of which several do) is not acceptable which has been pointed out and of which Leeds United is also aware and has pointed out - SO DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER - here's hoping tech issues can finally be resolved and maybe then can eventually benefit the Mad Admin advertising coffers too.Advertisers on this Forum also come from all members of society of which they are entitled to certain rights - without advertisers their would be NO Forum.
    So it's NOT just about individuals and tech problems in essence BUT far broader concerns which involve many clubs too under the Mad banner (in our case Leeds United) to which I endeavour to resolve any issue(s) the club put my way.

To blame me is unfair & people should take a look at what they post particularly in this day and age on a public Forum.
    MOT

I was asked by one of the regulars on here (Calvo) earlier on this season, if I could offer any help as he apparently couldn't log on.
    Is this still proving to be a problem then on here ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was asked by one of the regulars on here (Calvo) earlier on this season, if I could offer any help as he apparently couldn't log on.
    Is this still proving to be a problem then on here ?.
    no,it doesn't seem to be now the ghost of Christmas past has returned..lol,

Hiya Acido - Appears to be still ongoing problem ..............

I originally heard of the issues at matches as folks told me they they couldn't access Forum on mobiles despite being regulars posting etc.Then adverts would not clear (despite ad blockers)then despite logging on 'recognition' showing nothing was still happening (bottom left box stating no authorisation to reply,post,report abuse) - then the contact admin button was not sending messages of problem/issue ................
    I was a registered user,then I was blocked like Calvo,then I was manually put back on and .....

Then the club contacted me about 'a matter' which resulted in more folks telling me they've been members of Mad and despite re-registering still couldn't get in to view,post or reply - many gave up drifted off or have just become readers.

I think it's important to have free Forums as otherwise clubs will create their own and views/opinions will be restricted.
    Leeds are aware of this scenario and are keen to now 'tidy up' unofficial Forums & YouTube material and have been active in monitoring this season those channels.

People are still blocked out as of now and only a few have been manually put back in - so hit and miss unfortunately.
    Shame as many blocked are kids under 25 who want more than just a Twitter feed ........

Aye Mrs O, but I've seem posters come and go over the years here and this place remains about the same in numbers of regular posters I don't think there is a right or wrong way to look at this forum. I couldn't care less who posts actually, I come here for information/gossip etc from likeminded fans who are lucky enough to attend games, all the 'other stuff' is mere banter, nothing more in my book. One thing missing from days gone are visiting fans, (not the black market one we have now) genuine fans who used come on and give as good as they got. We've Alf of course to keep us on our toes!!
    No need to over-egg the cake Mrs O. and stick around I enjoy your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Aye Mrs O, but I've seem posters come and go over the years here and this place remains about the same in numbers of regular posters I don't think there is a right or wrong way to look at this forum. I couldn't care less who posts actually, I come here for information/gossip etc from likeminded fans who are lucky enough to attend games, all the 'other stuff' is mere banter, nothing more in my book. One thing missing from days gone are visiting fans, (not the black market one we have now) genuine fans who used come on and give as good as they got. We've Alf of course to keep us on our toes!!
    No need to over-egg the cake Mrs O. and stick around I enjoy your posts.
    Im wasting my time George,no matter how much bait I lay ,the fish have stopped biting..

On on the other hand it's nice to see the forum picking up with the return of old posters.. I'm very disappointed with the Rev putting Rosy on ignore instead of fighting his corner.. I think he must be mellowing with old age ..

"Leeds are aware of this scenario and are keen to now 'tidy up' unofficial Forums & YouTube material and have been active in monitoring this season those channels."

This sounds very sinister to me - i agree that free forums are very important, and any interference as suggested in that quote would be really unacceptable - tantamount to trying to 'censor' freedom of speech. I find it very sad that any organisation with the history and cultural importance of Leeds United can't have confidence in itself and accept that with freedom of speech comes a wide variety of opinion and debate. I suppose it depends what you mean by 'tidying up'. If you're referring to dodgy fighting videos and sick chanting on Youtube videos, then that's not freedom of speech, it's hate and shouldn't be on there in the first place. If you mean 'tidying up' conversations in which people express honest opinions based on observation and genuine evidence, then that is terrible.

Let's hope they are prevented from doing the latter. The world is sanitised enough now, and propaganda constantly used by businesses and government to manipulate and pursue their own agendas and burnish their images. Hopefully freedom of thought isn't just restricted to those who are older and know what's happening because they can still compare to when it wasn't the case, although i fear those youngsters don't realise how massively manipulated they are in all aspects of their lives now.

Keep up the good fight against this, if that's what you're doing - can you make it clear if that is what you're doing? If you are fighting against any attempt to 'control' opinion and information about Leeds United, then you are there to be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Im wasting my time George,no matter how much bait I lay ,the fish have stopped biting..

On on the other hand it's nice to see the forum picking up with the return of old posters.. I'm very disappointed with the Rev putting Rosy on ignore instead of fighting his corner.. I think he must be mellowing with old age ..
    There was a time Alf that he would have had both barrels..constantly..can't be arsed anymore in truth..I have more important things to do than toil with a troll.

But the rest of you can go and fill yer boots!

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    .. One thing missing from days gone are visiting fans, (not the black market one we have now) genuine fans who used come on and give as good as they got. We've Alf of course to keep us on our toes!!
    Don't forget about all of us Burnsley dingles George.

Ive posted on here a long time now and Ive also seen the characters come and then go, Footymad is losing more fans each season sadly, and at this rate we might have to go and join in on the ***** footy network. And believe me, we don't want to have to do that, do we uncle Alf ?.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)